*** Official UH vs Utah State game Thread ***

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** Official UH vs Utah State game Thread ***

Post by poidog »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm Utah is that good to be in the top 25 ranking. Our team is a young team still growing and learning.

You guys weren't really expecting a win tonight were you?
Right? A lot of people guessed somewhere between 5-7 wins this year and that's where they are going to end up. People are just going nuts because we got rooster teased with the early and unexpected success. It's good to expect more but everyone wants everyone fired and everything is a coaching error and not a talent issue. Chow ball was not that long ago. Rebuilding with 6 wins is way better than rebuilding with 2-3 wins...

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Every time we look at Rolo, we compare it to Chow. Why not compare it to JJ or Wagner? BTW, did anybody see the talent in Aranda? How'd he get to LSU via Wisconsin and overlooked by UH. No D1 playing but seems to be good at D1 "D".

Also, we should have lost to SJSU but for some reason the kicker missed a lot of field goals while making 25 in a row previously. And if we were scouted by CSU, we would have lost to them and possibly Navy.

Even with all the preparation for next year we have no chance against the three PAC-12 teams. Something is missing from the coaching that some of the other MWC coaches seem to possess. I wish we would have played it straight in the second half and not called a timeout for a two point conversion when down by 30. We had no chance but I wanted to see a tough game not a game filled with gimmicks. We just gave them short fields again on two attempted onside kicks.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:40 pm Every time we look at Rolo, we compare it to Chow. Why not compare it to JJ or Wagner? BTW, did anybody see the talent in Aranda? How'd he get to LSU via Wisconsin and overlooked by UH. No D1 playing but seems to be good at D1 "D".

Also, we should have lost to SJSU but for some reason the kicker missed a lot of field goals while making 25 in a row previously. And if we were scouted by CSU, we would have lost to them and possibly Navy.

Even with all the preparation for next year we have no chance against the three PAC-12 teams. Something is missing from the coaching that some of the other MWC coaches seem to possess. I wish we would have played it straight in the second half and not called a timeout for a two point conversion when down by 30. We had no chance but I wanted to see a tough game not a game filled with gimmicks. We just gave them short fields again on two attempted onside kicks.
Does that include Oregon State?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:40 pm Also, we should have lost to SJSU but for some reason the kicker missed a lot of field goals while making 25 in a row previously. And if we were scouted by CSU, we would have lost to them and possibly Navy.
You also shoulda lost to Wyoming but we had a jackass for a OC and a QB who was shell-shocked by then. Chambers is saving our season, Thank Gawd!!!!!

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

awesome performance by utah state. wanted to see what a ranked mw team looked like in person and i was not disappointed. utah state was relentless in its execution. yeah, crappy that it was against the warriors, but, with boise state sitting out the national rankings this year, it's outstanding for the mw conference to have utah state and fresno both ranked with san diego state climbing the unranked list.

the real difference between them (utah state, fresno, san diego state and boise state) and the u.h. is the money invested in producing the program, recruiting, facilities, salaries and player allowances. fix the state's commitment to funding the university sports programs, facilities, build a 35K stadium and there might be more butts in the seats to reduce the financial pressures of college level football.

unlv is next. hope the warriors can take the lessons learned from fresno state and utah state and get the seventh win.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

gopunahou wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:57 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:40 pm Every time we look at Rolo, we compare it to Chow. Why not compare it to JJ or Wagner? BTW, did anybody see the talent in Aranda? How'd he get to LSU via Wisconsin and overlooked by UH. No D1 playing but seems to be good at D1 "D".

Does that include Oregon State?
Yes, but it should be listed as a first team versus second team scrimmage.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

poidog wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:18 pm
vailima wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:49 pm Don’t know if its coaching...the D players are in the right spot to make plays they’re just not making them...wonder if USU just has better athletes, they could have won vs MSU that game was a toss up, i think USU is just legit good
We have so little depth and we lost Moala. It just isn't the year.
Moala would have been huge for us this season. What a shame he left.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

st808 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:29 am awesome performance by utah state. wanted to see what a ranked mw team looked like in person and i was not disappointed. utah state was relentless in its execution. yeah, crappy that it was against the warriors, but, with boise state sitting out the national rankings this year, it's outstanding for the mw conference to have utah state and fresno both ranked with san diego state climbing the unranked list.

the real difference between them (utah state, fresno, san diego state and boise state) and the u.h. is the money invested in producing the program, recruiting, facilities, salaries and player allowances. fix the state's commitment to funding the university sports programs, facilities, build a 35K stadium and there might be more butts in the seats to reduce the financial pressures of college level football.

unlv is next. hope the warriors can take the lessons learned from fresno state and utah state and get the seventh win.
UH has not had a political visionary and athletic supporter since Governor John Burns. Sad. UH has fallen so far behind the other public universities in the MWC that it's not funny.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.