*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Official 2018 UH@Fresno St pregame thread

Post by shrek2 »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:26 pm
SundayJam wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:49 pm Huh? How did this game become about immigration policy? Considering that Hawaii is pretty much exclusively a state of immigrants, I find this line of hypocrisy pretty funny. When your national government is in the process of ripping off the future of America, you're bound to find them pointing the finger at the bogeyman hiding in your local neighborhood. It's a shame more Americans don't read up on history.

Less than two hours till game time. Go Hawaii!!!
There's a big difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants, don't blur the line. My grandfather came to Hawaii legally to work in the sugar cane fields, LEGALLY, I know the history of immigrants in Hawaii AND the conus. Back to football.
Stranger, I think somebody wanted to try to make a political statement then try to switch it back to what it should be football. The history of the US is only 400 years old so, everybody is from someplace else except for the Native American. Someone was trying to say that we don't read up on history but it doesn't go that far back. But this all started because of Fresno not being a too desirable place or being called an armpit. They got a good football team though but mostly because of Tedford.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Sorry but the fg return was unfortunate, not a massive coaching blunder. We had defenders downfield but they overran the coverage and tried to make the tackle near the endzone instead of breaking down and containing the runner. Inexperienced mistake by inexperienced players.

We could have had 10 weeks of preparation and the outcome would be similar. We getting smashed by a team that's way better and more experienced. Right now it's just trying to survive til the bye week and preparing for UNLV. That's reality.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

RedZone wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:48 pm Nice coaching by Fresno. I like their players were ready and setup a nice wall for that touchdown.
Failure by our guys who were full on sprinting towards the return man like they thought they could tackle him in the endzone and get a safety or something.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:01 pm
stranger808 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:26 pm
SundayJam wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:49 pm Huh? How did this game become about immigration policy? Considering that Hawaii is pretty much exclusively a state of immigrants, I find this line of hypocrisy pretty funny. When your national government is in the process of ripping off the future of America, you're bound to find them pointing the finger at the bogeyman hiding in your local neighborhood. It's a shame more Americans don't read up on history.

Less than two hours till game time. Go Hawaii!!!
There's a big difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants, don't blur the line. My grandfather came to Hawaii legally to work in the sugar cane fields, LEGALLY, I know the history of immigrants in Hawaii AND the conus. Back to football.
Stranger, I think somebody wanted to try to make a political statement then try to switch it back to what it should be football. The history of the US is only 400 years old so, everybody is from someplace else except for the Native American. Someone was trying to say that we don't read up on history but it doesn't go that far back. But this all started because of Fresno not being a too desirable place or being called an armpit. They got a good football team though but mostly because of Tedford.
What about Jim Sweeney? He got things started to where Fresno would eventually join the WAC in 1992.

Txbow
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Txbow »

UH getting schooled ...again

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

we had 'um on 3rd down and we get jooked.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:10 pm we had 'um on 3rd down and we get jooked.
And held

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

poidog wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:04 pm
RedZone wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:48 pm Nice coaching by Fresno. I like their players were ready and setup a nice wall for that touchdown.
Failure by our guys who were full on sprinting towards the return man like they thought they could tackle him in the endzone and get a safety or something.
After the kick I was watching Fresno and wondering why they were running toward the sideline then I saw them setting up the wall.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

poidog wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:11 pm
stranger808 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:10 pm we had 'um on 3rd down and we get jooked.
And held
Yep Padello getting held. They grabbing his pads and holding him up.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

if FSU scores 18 more points, I win! 58-13. lol

but, I'm hoping for a major comeback to at least make it close.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

this is only the 3rd quarter.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

47-13. :-(

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

We are playing some ugly ball here folks.

Txbow

Post by Txbow »

Man, Fresno just playing with UH now. Hard to accept the level of disparity between the 2 teams.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:20 pm 47-13. :-(
We scored more than I thought we would.