Rules on new Red Shirt rule

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Rules on new Red Shirt rule

Post by BigWave96744 »

Can anyone explain is the 4 game anytime applies only to true freshman?

If not, can Jeremiah Pritchard and Kamoku Noa play the last 4 games and stI'll redshirt?

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Rules on new Red Shirt rule

Post by Neighbor »

Yes but I think Kumoku Noa already redshirted

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I think you can only redshirt two years if injured, so you have 5 years to play 4.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I don't like it.

I can understand if Redshirt is for the first 4 games. But not any 4 games. Teams need to decide and that is it..

And I don't think it's "fair" (especially) for the Sr. and Jr players that waited their turn all the years.

I'm not saying they need a guarantee playing time. Some guys paid their dues, just for the chance to be 3rd or 4th string.

Not have that chance/game situation where the coach sub in the Redshirt to evaluate him.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:13 pm Can anyone explain is the 4 game anytime applies only to true freshman?

If not, can Jeremiah Pritchard and Kamoku Noa play the last 4 games and stI'll redshirt?
I believe it can apply to any class.
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:57 am I don't like it.

I can understand if Redshirt is for the first 4 games. But not any 4 games. Teams need to decide and that is it..

And I don't think it's "fair" (especially) for the Sr. and Jr players that waited their turn all the years.

I'm not saying they need a guarantee playing time. Some guys paid their dues, just for the chance to be 3rd or 4th string.

Not have that chance/game situation where the coach sub in the Redshirt to evaluate him.
If they don’t like their situation they can now transfer to any school and play right away. NCAA said the rule changes were made to benefit the players.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

RedZone wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:14 pm
cabanalane wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:57 am I don't like it.

If they don’t like their situation they can now transfer to any school and play right away. NCAA said the rule changes were made to benefit the players.
I thought they still had to sit out a year.
ImageImage

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Yup, still have to sit a year. The new rule is just that players can announce to transfer on their own instead of needing permission from their current coach. There was a proposal that athletes who meet a certain GPA could transfer without sitting but I don't think that made it through. They're also gonna propose to allow kids enrolled in summer classes to transfer freely if there's a head coach change before fall starts, but those are rarer and mostly if there's like a scandal or anything