Post Nevada Game Thoughts?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Post Nevada Game Thoughts?

Post by RedZone »

So how is Tavai and Pavihi? Penei seemed to be our best pass defender in the redzone. Will need him with The way Fresno uses their tightends.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Post game thoughts. I'm getting that Chow Feeling agian. Or maybe that Naole Feeling. Something internal is not going right. The team has proven to have the talent necessary. Talent on both sides Offense and Defense. Something is going on, again. What's next, I hope not..

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

After the game I saw something that reminded me of the Chow Era and the last few games of the Mac Era. After the Alma Mater, coaches, GAs and certain players (with no family) in attendance yelled at players to run straight to the locker room. Many of the local boys and those with family in attendance ran to the sideline to receive leis and hugs. They were again yelled at to leave. Some family members and fans with leis and haku's were left unable to show their appreciation. Jay Dominique's mom and sister flew all the way from Canada, Penei Stowers-Pevehi's mom from American Samoa had just seconds with their son.

Yes I know you just lost, but coach Rolovich cannot distance himself from the loyal family and fans who stick around until the end. Heck many fans left in the 4th quarter. Honor the fans that support you until the end. Soon attendance will begin a steep decline, hold on to those who love the team no matter what!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 pm After the game I saw something that reminded me of the Chow Era and the last few games of the Mac Era. After the Alma Mater, coaches, GAs and certain players (with no family) in attendance yelled at players to run straight to the locker room. Many of the local boys and those with family in attendance ran to the sideline to receive leis and hugs. They were again yelled at to leave. Some family members and fans with leis and haku's were left unable to show their appreciation. Jay Dominique's mom and sister flew all the way from Canada, Penei Stowers-Pevehi's mom from American Samoa had just seconds with their son.

Yes I know you just lost, but coach Rolovich cannot distance himself from the loyal family and fans who stick around until the end. Heck many fans left in the 4th quarter. Honor the fans that support you until the end. Soon attendance will begin a steep decline, hold on to those who love the team no matter what!
This is interesting insight BigWave, If anybody should be lectured, it should be the coaches. It was reported on radio that OL were arguing with each other when in fact the frustration was caused by bad play calling killed the game, ie, the 3(?) onside kicks and 2 fourth down attempts without having a real good 3rd down conversion rate. Watching the game close to the sidelines, I notice that the defense is cheering the offense and vice-versa. Who popped their ballon? The early play calling.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

It looked like some "conversation" with Rolo and McDonald, and then McDonald was out.

Then McDonald was back in, and played "angry" and ran alot when the play wasn't there. That lead to a score, the it was the "wrong" way to do it.

This was an entire meltdown from top to bottom. Poor performances, you can point to the players. Not being ready, you can point to the assistant coaches. When everythig goes to hell, there is only one guy responsible..

I don't know if Rolo is having fun anymore.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Positives: Willie K was great, and Melvin Davis got to play.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:56 am Positives: Willie K was great, and Melvin Davis got to play.
Sorry, I got to say about that miscommunication.

Davis ran to the wrong side of Chevan Cordeiro. Or did Cordeiro turn to the wrong side to hand off to Davis?

Either case, I've not even seen this type of miscommunication at the JV level..

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

This game made me sad. Offense was discombobulated not able to keep drives going. Defense wasn't able to cover the field and to make matters worse Jahlani got injured. Special teams messed up on onside kicks jeez just not a good game all around. I hope they get figure out what the problems are and fix them.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:46 am It looked like some "conversation" with Rolo and McDonald, and then McDonald was out.

Then McDonald was back in, and played "angry" and ran alot when the play wasn't there. That lead to a score, the it was the "wrong" way to do it.

This was an entire meltdown from top to bottom. Poor performances, you can point to the players. Not being ready, you can point to the assistant coaches. When everythig goes to hell, there is only one guy responsible..

I don't know if Rolo is having fun anymore.
Isn't it Rolo that said its all about the kids yet he took the game away from the kids because he thought he wanted to be clever. People wanted to see a football game and usually fumbles and interceptions mess their plans up. But... in this case it was the freaked up coaching. So, does anybody care if Rolo is not having fun because he called onsides kicks early and going for it on 4th near the 50? If he's not happy its because he lost everybody's fortune on his gambling. So, not only did he mess up UH but he also messed up the fortunes of the Hawaii Bowl because Hawaii stepped a notch down in the eyes of the national audience.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:56 amWillie K was great

Link

Link

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Willie K looks old. In my mind, I see see the 30 something year old guy. Maybe it's the white beard. Then again, I'm sure my friends in Hawaii would say the same thing about me.

No shame, Chow supporter here. Sometimes the best offensive mind does not make good HC.

Rich Miano was my first choice as HC, not because I think he was an "excellent" Defensive coach or a better coach, it's because Miano is smooth, can BS, bend the rules, etc, etc.

Rolo is a great offensive guy. Sometimes they may not be best guys to keep everyone together and in-line. And seems like there were multiple fails for the entire team.

I hope Rolo's good name does not get destroy or damage.

I guess that's the beauty of football. Today is Monday, reveiw day. Tomorrow is a new day. And next week, we may be talking about GOAT and Bowls again.

vailima
All-conference
All-conference

Post by vailima »

Agree with a lot of what you guys are saying...this one was on Rolo, I thought he didn’t have enough respect for Nevada, and Nevada got him good on it, sad thing is, it’s our young players that hurt from it. Us fans we get disappointed, but we back next game ready to cheer.

I still believe in Rolo, but, I hope we all remember this still a young team, this is Cole’s first year in the offense. Our young guys will get better, I still hope we make a bowl game, but in all reality, very few of us even thought we’d get to 6 wins this year

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 pm After the game I saw something that reminded me of the Chow Era and the last few games of the Mac Era. After the Alma Mater, coaches, GAs and certain players (with no family) in attendance yelled at players to run straight to the locker room. Many of the local boys and those with family in attendance ran to the sideline to receive leis and hugs. They were again yelled at to leave. Some family members and fans with leis and haku's were left unable to show their appreciation. Jay Dominique's mom and sister flew all the way from Canada, Penei Stowers-Pevehi's mom from American Samoa had just seconds with their son.

So Rolo now the lolo. What happened to ohana? I wanted to support him but it seems under him we start off strong then go down hill during the season. I have always put UH games before any other college football games but this is the first time that I have regretted switching channels from another football game that I had been watching.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

vailima wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:08 pm but in all reality, very few of us even thought we’d get to 6 wins this year
I totally agree with you. Would rather have 6 wins, or it could be worst. I get the glass is half full kind of thinking.

Considering this is Rolo's 3rd year, shouldn't fans "expect" better than 6 wins? I know the season is not over yet, and still get chance. So my reply is just forum discussion, not I'm actually wishing.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Yeah, I’m disappointed in the last few games, but we’re a young team. My opinion - 1. Rolo needs to come up with plans to counter defenses as they adjust to our Offense. 2. I like the guys we have, but hope we can add a couple impact players on D ... like a Noga, Nate Jackson, Pisa, or Laboy.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."