Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Re: Post Nevada Game Thoughts?

Post by ulua »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:28 pm I missed the game while sitting on a beach staring at the blue sea. ;-p

A few stats stick out for me:

3rd down conversions: 3/15
4th down conversions: 1/5
Penalty yards: 7 for 73 yards

We won the turnover battle: 5 fumbles with 3 lost for Nevada. Hawaii had one fumble and recovered it. How do you who watched the game assess Cole's poor pass completion percentage?

The highlights by UH showed a pretty awesome offense...at least on the few scoring plays. I'm troubled by the loss of Fred Holly who I thought did a pretty good job of rushing. He only got one carry.

With many new faces coaching and new players starting it's hard to say that we're under-performing. In fact, I haven't been this pleased with the team in 8 years.
I’m thinking we started off hot and Cole was making quick decisions, during the downfall he’s been holding the ball a lot longer and does not look comfortable in his decision making.

My question is were we running less R&S shoot plays in the begging which made Cole look really good as each WR runs 1 route allowing him to know where each WR would be? and during this slump we were implementing more R&S routs which each receivers would have option routs depending on coverage, and now we are seeing the struggle of Cole and company being on the same page due to the complexity of the R&S?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

ulua wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:18 pm
SundayJam wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:28 pm I missed the game while sitting on a beach staring at the blue sea. ;-p

A few stats stick out for me:

3rd down conversions: 3/15
4th down conversions: 1/5
Penalty yards: 7 for 73 yards

We won the turnover battle: 5 fumbles with 3 lost for Nevada. Hawaii had one fumble and recovered it. How do you who watched the game assess Cole's poor pass completion percentage?

The highlights by UH showed a pretty awesome offense...at least on the few scoring plays. I'm troubled by the loss of Fred Holly who I thought did a pretty good job of rushing. He only got one carry.

With many new faces coaching and new players starting it's hard to say that we're under-performing. In fact, I haven't been this pleased with the team in 8 years.
I’m thinking we started off hot and Cole was making quick decisions, during the downfall he’s been holding the ball a lot longer and does not look comfortable in his decision making.

My question is were we running less R&S shoot plays in the begging which made Cole look really good as each WR runs 1 route allowing him to know where each WR would be? and during this slump we were implementing more R&S routs which each receivers would have option routs depending on coverage, and now we are seeing the struggle of Cole and company being on the same page due to the complexity of the R&S?
No, I think the defenses were simpler to dissect.
ImageImage

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpN-35aA5YQ/

Apparently Nevada WR Kaleb Fossum wanted to be a Rainbow Warrior:
Spent my Birthday in Hawaii, played in the stadium I grew up wanting to play in, saw my man @coltonjames15 and made it off the Island with a W. I appreciate all the love and support I receive even all the way Hawaii 🤙🏼 Just missing @minionamission ❤️