Post BYU Game Thoughts?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Post BYU Game Thoughts?

Post by TheDuke »

Irse wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:45 am
TheDuke wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:01 am Well we all know that everyone is dropping eight. What are we doing to adjust? we’ve known this for awhile and the coaches have’t adjusted the game plan I like Furuta but he limits our options. No speed, can’t beat a linebacker, not a pass option. He is either going to run or block. He is a great punishing runner in the right situation. coaches haven’t had a great game plan for the last four games and they made decisions that have been costly in every game. Many that could have cost us wins. coaching needs to improve.
We're trying to run more when they drop 8. We just haven't been too successful running. Maybe we need to go more empty set.
empty set is an option

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

I recall last season against BYU Hawaii got man handled and Diocemy St Juste rushed for like 30 yards. So history repeated itself this season and Hawaii got man handled again by BYU.

This years team is even younger that last years team and has a lot of growing pains and learning before they can be a top 25 ranked team. And they have 5 more games to prove it!

We knew that the last 7 games of the season is the murders row portion of the schedule and no bye week either.

Now starts the MWC murders row portion of the schedule:

Nevada at Aloha Stadium *Home Game
Fresno State at Bull Dog Stadium (Homecoming Game) *Road Game
Utah State at Aloha Stadium *Home Game
UNLV at Aloha Stadium *Home Game
SDSU at Aloha Stadium *Home Game

Last 5 games of teams that will probably be favorites to beat Hawaii, except maybe UNLV.

But on the bright side, 1 road game at Fresno and 4 games at home in Aloha Stadium.
Anytime Hawaii plays at Aloha Stadium (Home) the Warriors level of intensity, pride and swag increases.

Live Aloha/Play Warrior
Go Warriors of Hawaii

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

WarriorTyme wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:07 am We knew that the last 7 games of the season is the murders row portion of the schedule and no bye week either.

Now starts the MWC murders row portion of the schedule:

Nevada at Aloha Stadium *Home Game
Fresno State at Bull Dog Stadium (Homecoming Game) *Road Game
Utah State at Aloha Stadium *Home Game
UNLV at Aloha Stadium *Home Game
SDSU at Aloha Stadium *Home Game

Last 5 games of teams that will probably be favorites to beat Hawaii, except maybe UNLV.

But on the bright side, 1 road game at Fresno and 4 games at home in Aloha Stadium.
Anytime Hawaii plays at Aloha Stadium (Home) the Warriors level of intensity, pride and swag increases.

Live Aloha/Play Warrior
Go Warriors of Hawaii
Correction, there is a bye week before the UNLV game and the SDSU game is on the road

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Yep my mistake, Hawaii does have a BYE Week on Nov10th and I fixed is below and added where to watch it, for those that are unable to attend in person.

Nevada at Aloha Stadium *Home Game on Spectrum Sports
Fresno State at Bull Dog Stadium (Homecoming Game) *Road Game on ESPN 2
Utah State at Aloha Stadium *Home Game on Spectrum Sports
UNLV at Aloha Stadium *Home Game on Spectrum Sports
SDSU at Aloha Stadium *Road Game on ESPN

But on the bright side, 2 road games at Fresno and 3 games at home in Aloha Stadium.

Live Aloha/Play Warrior
Go Warriors of Hawaii

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

BYU, Tulsa, Boise, and Notre Dame are teams which are likely to beat Hawaii. They always have been. They've got more people and more money. Yes, we've got a love for the game and the rest of the college football world takes our best players to win championships. Still, we've got game.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I been meaning to ask, was there no Nick Rolo Show for the BYU game? I don't see it on the Hawaii News.com webiste. Did I not find it, or there was not a show last weekend?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

cabanalane wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:35 pm I been meaning to ask, was there no Nick Rolo Show for the BYU game? I don't see it on the Hawaii News.com webiste. Did I not find it, or there was not a show last weekend?
There was a show, the under the Helmet was on Noah Borden

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

But the link to the site is no where on Hawaiinews.com site.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

The thing I dislike the most about the BYU game is that they had photos of the kids eating hotdogs and Chick-fil-A on separate days. Isn't UH an institution of "higher learning?" Don't they have a dietician on the team that says they should stay away from preservatives in the food? Hot dogs, really? Don't they know that the food that the kids eat affect their performance on the field both physically and mentally? Common UH, get with the program and feed the kids healthy meals. Try subway if you're on a budget.