*** Official Hawaii @ BYU, Game 8 Thread ***

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** Official Hawaii @ BYU, Game 8 Thread ***

Post by RedZone »

I wouldn’t mind seeing more of Scott.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:54 pm We're looking at a 7-6 season. Nevada and UNLV's our best bet for another win. IMO

Rolo is bent on establishing the run to open up the pass, but the RnS is a ball control, high percentage, short passing offense. You throw in the runs up the middle once in awhile to keep the defense honest. Rolo's concept is different than Mouse's. Any thoughts?
Forget about that game and move on.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

It's going to be interesting to see what the team uses as inspiration for next weeks game. After the Army loss they vowed never to let each other down again and have that bad taste of a loss in their mouth again going forward. What will Cole and Co. come up with.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:54 pm We're looking at a 7-6 season. Nevada and UNLV's our best bet for another win. IMO

Rolo is bent on establishing the run to open up the pass, but the RnS is a ball control, high percentage, short passing offense. You throw in the runs up the middle once in awhile to keep the defense honest. Rolo's concept is different than Mouse's. Any thoughts?
He said at the half that we needed to run better so I don’t see him going away from the run. It is what he has been doing since he got here. He just added a little bit of RnS this year to get us excited.

UHALLDAWAY808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by UHALLDAWAY808 »

My thoughts... Go 5 wide most of the time .. Run QB draw occasionally and don't run draws until we are past the 40 of the other teams.. And more shovel pass

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

RedZone wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:06 pm Tavai not looking good this game.
Yeah, lots of missed tackles and lacks speed trying to get to the outside.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

If you told me in the beginning of the season we would be 7-6, I'll take it. I'm just surprised that rolo in the beginning of the season would say that we would be mostly run & shoot offense when we can see more run and rpo stuff implemented just like last year.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Basic problem was they were announcing that they were going up the middle and they gained 7-9 yards and more. Maybe they got tired.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Forget about that game and move on.
lmao, the game just ended.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Could it be Cole and company are struggling to learn the RnS so we are running more RPO till they can learn the RnS system?
either way I still hate the RPO, just go full RnS

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

ulua wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:42 pm

Could it be Cole and company are struggling to learn the RnS so we are running more RPO till they can learn the RnS system?
either way I still hate the RPO, just go full RnS
That's a good possibility.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

i'm not going to overreact. I think it is clear that we have overachieved through the first half of the season and that there are teams where we can get away with our lack of size, depth, and experience on the lines (smaller, less talented teams) and teams where effort and execution can't make up the difference in size like tonight's game. the games against USU, SDSU, and maybe FSU may yield similar results. Most of us had hopes that 2019 would be the "payoff year" and that is still very much in play. i'll be happy with 8 wins and a bowl game if we get there and I look forward to the future.

the next game has just become the most important game of the season.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BYU is just a more talented team then us and they played their best game. It may be because our D isn't very good. But the also beat Wisconsin on the road. Now they found thier QB so they may get on a roll.
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Irse wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:09 am BYU is just a more talented team then us and they played their best game. It may be because our D isn't very good. But the also beat Wisconsin on the road. Now they found thier QB so they may get on a roll.
They were just better in the trenches. We did improve in the 2nd half. Our pass defense is still suspect. Be happy that we are not playing an SEC team. Their defenses would kill us. I think the next game is a must win. A home game. There should be no excuses for that one. Still the team is doing much better than I thought they would this year. I thought the beginning of the year would have been more like the first half of this game. We have a young team and that is a plus. Another strong recruiting year and we could be in the upper tier of the MWC for a few years.

:evil: I just hate when our opponent’s freshmen quarterbacks beat us.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

Irse wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:09 am BYU is just a more talented team then us and they played their best game. It may be because our D isn't very good. But the also beat Wisconsin on the road. Now they found thier QB so they may get on a roll.
Our D as a whole lack basic fundamentals (tackling). We'll be exposed more the rest of the way against FSU, SDSU, Utah St etc...