*** Official Hawaii vs Wyoming, Game 7 Thread ***

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: *** Official Hawaii vs Wyoming, Game 7 Thread ***

Post by dakineguy »

I found this as well if any of you want to watch it https://youtu.be/9J_Pa9zWE8U
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

uhwarriors wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:43 pm
stranger808 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:37 pm
Makana wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:42 am

IMO, I think Cordeiro needs to develop his strength a little more, he was lucky the defense and running game stepped up in a HUGE way. The kid had trouble throwing pass 10 yards, until that last pass where he put everything he had into it which I thought was gonna be picked in the endzone. I know he's a freshman but damn that was more happy feet than Jeff Garcia. Too many times where I saw he had a clean pocket he pulled it down and ran, you could tell he didn't trust his arm strength last night cause it's not like the receivers weren't getting separation.

If Cole McDonald doesn't start, UH is in more trouble than we think against an angry BYU team.
I hope Chevan's arm strength is not like Glenn Freitas' arm. That will require a lot of work in the weight room.
The reason why Cordeiro wasn't pulling the trigger on deeper routes was Wyoming's coverages. Most of the time Wyoming had two high safeties and mixed zone and man under. They diguisded and mixed coverage well. Most of the time they had some kind of double team on the slots. The receivers weren't getting open and sometimes were confused on which routes to run.

There's no need to be concerned with Cordeiro's arm strength. McDonald's arm is stronger, but Cordeiro has more than enough arm and can make all the throws in the offense. If you watched enough practices, Cordeiro is actually more accurate on deep balls than McDonald. Cordeiro's arm is stronger than Chang's arm when Chang was an upper classman.
Seen a lot of two-deep and/or Cover2 which IMO was the reason he took the intermediate to short sideline passes. But man at some point you gotta trust in your arm to make throws all over the field when there's live bullets coming at you. Anticipate your passes, you're not gonna see everyone wide open all the time. And that's where arm strength comes in....can you make that throw in such tight windows and trust your receiver to be there (aka West coast offense)?

Sure every QB has arm strength, but some don't have the ability to drive the ball down field. And IMO, I just don't see it in Cordeiro, when he has his feet set properly, standing tall in the pocket, he has to . And I just don't see him making passes such as 15 to 20 yard deep outs, curls or hitches. Not a requirement for Rolovich's offense but his deep sideline passes are similar. Strong arm's aren't really a requirement either it seems in the run-n-shoot or hybrid-shoot, but at least go through your reads and look off defenders. Whatever, he's still young I got faith he'll develop fine in Rolovich's offense.

Btw when is Rolovich's contract up, shouldn't they be talking extension right about now or after the season?
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Makana wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:49 pm
Btw when is Rolovich's contract up, shouldn't they be talking extension right about now or after the season?
My guess is the Admin is using their slide rules and calculators to figure out what to offer him based on all the athletics at UH and what Hawaii can afford. They are not being creative as they did with JJ where some of his money came from commitments.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

if Rolo wants to run the ball, put Holly in, and stop this love affair with Furuta.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

wow, I ask for Holly, he gets the ball and on que...FUMBLES!!!!!!!
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

there u go, like I say...QB draw

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

wasted down, giving to Fu

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

gotta let Cole have the option of using his legs.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

stranger808, wrong game thread :)

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

TD Fu, I have more gray hairs. :-(

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:28 pm stranger808, wrong game thread :)
LMAO, no wonder no one was posting.. :o

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:30 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:28 pm stranger808, wrong game thread :)
LMAO, no wonder no one was posting.. :o
:lol:
Best post all day