Run and Shoot rattled?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Run and Shoot rattled?

Post by cabanalane »

I think this may be a "difficult" game for UH. The last few games, win and loss, have not been pretty. Or I should say not pretty as the first two. Little things like penalty, and missed direction passes, were something foreign in the first few games.

I think being 5-1 can be dangerous. I think Rolo mentioned on the Nick Rolo show about being over confident.

UH know they can win out of the starting gate. They now know they can win coming from behind. They know they can grind it out (however long it takes). They know they had luck on their side.

And I'm sure some players are hurt too. It's all mental going forward.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

TheDuke wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:31 am This will be a difficult game for Wyoming. It is a long road from Laramie to Honolulu.

Wyoming's D has not been that stellar giving up a lot of points and a lot of passing yards with minimal sacks. Their offense is enemic. Wyoming could only muster 17 points vs Wolford! And the most they have scored is 19. Neither their passing game or passing D has performed well so far.

I like our chances if the coaches come up with a good game plan. We should hold Wyoming under 24 and if we take care of the ball our chances to make it to 6-1 is very good.
I forgot they played NMSU. They ran the ball well and scored 29. We should be able to stop the run. Can Wyoming throw the ball? Will our pass D show up? I still like our chances. Travel from Laramie is very difficult.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:28 pm

Stats mean nothing if you can't pass when it counts. I've seen him throw the ball in the ground when the receiver was wide open in the middle. If you want to look at stats, he holds one NCAA record and that is the one for the most interceptions. I look at Milton and Tua and I see more potential in them than I ever saw in Chang.
LOL...Uhmmm....why not through in a comparison with Marcus Mariota too while you're at it? Timmy had some bad games but he and Chad Owens did some nasty business for us as well. Shoot, Michigan State paid $250,000 to not play us one year in the aftermath.

If Mackenzie Milton or Tua Tagovailoa are not available, I'd like to have either the Tide's or the Knight's defenses.

passepartout
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NFL: Americas team

Post by passepartout »

I'll go with the Duke. (Shoot them pokes, with the R@S I mean). We need to spread the field with eight man coverage and open underneath. We got speed on the outside, lets use it. While spreading it out, get the RB out there on short passes, give Cole a few running plays, and make them respect our offense. As I mentioned earlier, Wyo looks slow, we play physical and the Wyo pass defense is suspect. i like out chances.

Kahaluu Imua Warriors
Starter
Starter

Post by Kahaluu Imua Warriors »

TheDuke wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:27 am
TheDuke wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:31 am This will be a difficult game for Wyoming. It is a long road from Laramie to Honolulu.

Wyoming's D has not been that stellar giving up a lot of points and a lot of passing yards with minimal sacks. Their offense is enemic. Wyoming could only muster 17 points vs Wolford! And the most they have scored is 19. Neither their passing game or passing D has performed well so far.

I like our chances if the coaches come up with a good game plan. We should hold Wyoming under 24 and if we take care of the ball our chances to make it to 6-1 is very good.
I forgot they played NMSU. They ran the ball well and scored 29. We should be able to stop the run. Can Wyoming throw the ball? Will our pass D show up? I still like our chances. Travel from Laramie is very difficult.
FYI NMSU is at the BOTTOM of the Bottom 25 in cbssports.com. I follow it weekly, it’s fun. Duquesne could probably beat NMSU. Go Warriors! Beat the Cowboys!
www.southseascinema.org

Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
The Ha'a is heard, louder and louder.
Okole is kicked.
Now the enemy runs home to cry to their mother.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:28 pm
Palolo_2LA wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:54 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:40 am

Regarding Timmy Chang, I didn't think he was very good when I saw him. In fact according to the posted article, the one game Hawaii actually beat Alabama, he got pulled.
https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... tched.html
Are you kidding me about T Chang not being a good QB? I guess the HS and college passing records mean nothing to you? How many records you broke?
Stats mean nothing if you can't pass when it counts. I've seen him throw the ball in the ground when the receiver was wide open in the middle. If you want to look at stats, he holds one NCAA record and that is the one for the most interceptions. I look at Milton and Tua and I see more potential in them than I ever saw in Chang.
I assume you have Google? He held passing yards and TDs in HS and college. He had accruacy issues, but you're total of base with your assessment. I'm not worried about the two QBs you named since T Chang had many options, but he played for the home team.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

rodfather wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:53 pm
Grinch wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:52 pm I agree with Duke. And, as defenses adapt, our O needs to do the same.
True. People will look at film and try something. Some said the old Run and Shoot got killed by the zone blitz in the 1990s, I know in the JJ days some guys tried disguising coverages so WRs and QBs get confused. Wyoming probably will at the SJSU game and will try that or come up with something else. So UH will have to be ready to adapt. This is why offenses and defenses evolve. Which I think makes football great, anybody still use the Wing T or the Wishbone or the Split T today? Or any one still uses a 5-2. A few teams are starting 5 DBs now as their base package because spread offenses have been the rage for the past decade.

As my old sensei said "For every move there is a counter. And a counter for every counter, for every counter..."
Hey Rodfather, it's been awhile since you've been here. I know you know your stuff about passing offenses, especially the RNS. This current RNS version is like Rolo RNS 2.0. Lots of the same concepts as 2010 and 2011, but lots of new stuff too to counter the counter and counter the counter to the counter. This year has been a lot of fun dissecting what we're actually doing. Hope you keep posting.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Wyoming had a great defensive package that had Hawaii confused. With all of the defenders switching around and changing alignment, why does Hawaii continue to have such a long count before the ball is snapped? They already huddle, so it's not like they audible on every play. Rolo needs to mix up the snap count and catch defenses in the middle of a switch. Sometimes can go on "one" right?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.