Crazy @SJSU games

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
QbreakN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Crazy @SJSU games

Post by QbreakN »

Do you guys remember all the crazy @SJSU games? Are there anymore besides the ones I have listed below?

2003: Score is 13-10 UH. SJSU throws a pass with 20s left and the ball gets downed on the 1. With no timeouts left, SJSU lines up and the SJSU QB tries to run the ball. The SJSU QB is met by a wall of UH and then he spikes the ball. The clock stops with one second, but the ref rules it too late and says the game is over.

2005: UH scores the go ahead TD with 5:26 left. Dane Porlas picks off SJSUs pass with 55s left to seal the win. 45-38

2007: Colt Brennan Throws 4 ints during a rainy and muddy day. June Jones attributes Brennan's poor performance to the terrible field conditions at SJSU. UH wins in OT. 42-35

2009: Shane Austen plays in the place of injured Moniz. UH wins in OT 17-10

2011: 6 turnovers each for both UH and SJSU UH has an extra point blocked and SJSU returns for 2 points. UH loses 28-27

2014: Despite SJSU outgaining UH 462 to 240 yards, UH shuts out SJSU for the win 13-0.

2018: 5OT classic, both teams' kickers miss FGs in 2nd and 3rd OTs. UH wins on a missed FG in the 5th OT
Last edited by QbreakN on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: Crazy @SJSU games

Post by ubercow »

great memory, it has been pretty crazy up there

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Went to game in person. The refs and Warriors keep them in the game.

The DL was quite limited in pushing the pocket and the O reminded me of Chows dive up the middle and throw a bomb next play. There's a psychiatric play calling scheme ; too agreesive or to conservative. Rolo surely aint JJ with playcalling.

A win is a win...the players and fans erupted after the game. Nice that the players came into stands.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

rodfather
All-American
All-American

Post by rodfather »

For some reason I remember parts the 1999 UH-SJSU game. JJ's first year. UH won 62-41. Back then, two teams combining for over 100 points was mindblowing to me. It showed me how potent the run and shoot could be and a preview of how defenses would be challenged in the future with all the wide open offenses. (We see this today.) No more 3 yards and a cloud of dust.
"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat." --- Jigoro Kano, The Founder of Judo