*** Official Hawaii vs SJSU, Game 6 Thread ***

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: *** Official Hawaii vs SJSU, Game 6 Thread ***

Post by WarriorTyme »

Tough awesome win I expected it to be a tooth and nail dogfight.

5OT- amazing, 5-1 record Swag.

Go Warriors!

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:34 pm
ulua wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:33 pm
ulua wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:59 pm How many OT’s before they call it a tie!
Just googled it, looks like ther is no limit, keep going till some one wins.. is this correct?
Yep. Arkansas-Kentucky game in the late 90s went 7 overtimes!
Thanks wyokie, dang we should have gone for 8 OT periods :lol:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Wow, the Hawaii crowd was brutal to Coach Rolo. People were yelling things at him that was to me, disrespectful. Don't know if this happens at home games but it must make it really make it tough for a coach to do his job.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:44 pm Wow, the Hawaii crowd was brutal to Coach Rolo. People were yelling things at him that was to me, disrespectful. Don't know if this happens at home games but it must make it really make it tough for a coach to do his job.
Rolovich is the man. Never mind those Hawaii people who spend decades on the mainland. Sometimes they try to hard to be Hawaii. Rolo is Hawaii.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:44 pm Wow, the Hawaii crowd was brutal to Coach Rolo. People were yelling things at him that was to me, disrespectful. Don't know if this happens at home games but it must make it really make it tough for a coach to do his job.
Probably a bunch of wanabe's, gamblers. I can't fathom the traveling Hawaii fans doing that.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

I like know what is going on between our receivers and our QB. Something is not right. It seems they are getting worse with every game they play. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Has Cole been checked for minor concussion? Is his vision correct? Are they not on the same wave length? Could it be Cole is thinking too much instead of having fun?

Lucky our team is winning while they are having trouble figuring out how to be productive on offense. The inconsistency of their play boggles my mind.

I really hope they find out what it is so they can beat the better teams in the MWC.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

HawaiianHogster wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:33 pm
Probably a bunch of wanabe's, gamblers. I can't fathom the traveling Hawaii fans doing that.
It could be SJSU fans in disguise. Were they college aged?
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

crazy exciting game, they scored when they literally had to again and again. gotta put a couple extra hours to record the replay tomorrow.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Not saying it's a thing, but saw some less than classy Hawaii fans at the last SJSU game I went to. At Aloha Stadium it's usually better but there's dummies everywhere, especially when Hawaii is favored by bunch and the game is close or UH is down.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

couz808 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:49 pmIt’s over
Reverse psychology at its best. Worked for Air Force and Fresno state in 2016!

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

HawaiianHogster wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:44 pm I like know what is going on between our receivers and our QB. Something is not right. It seems they are getting worse with every game they play. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Has Cole been checked for minor concussion? Is his vision correct? Are they not on the same wave length? Could it be Cole is thinking too much instead of having fun?

Lucky our team is winning while they are having trouble figuring out how to be productive on offense. The inconsistency of their play boggles my mind.

I really hope they find out what it is so they can beat the better teams in the MWC.
Not sure if you noticed but this is the exact same thing that happened to dri Brown. Was awesome in 2016 but then started to get worse as the season progressed except for the Hawaii bowl. Then was worse in 2017. Is it the film on the offense?

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

They had a pretty good dline. Gave us all kinds of problems. I like how Armstrong-Brown played in this game. He made some nice plays. I don’t see it in the stats but I thought he had a td catch. Still 44 points is a lot of points so it wasn’t that bad. Special teams and penalties made it worse than it should have been. I am guessing the rest of our opponents will be throwing the long ball. We have improved stopping the run but our puka pass coverage needs a lot of work.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:44 pm
Rolovich is the man. Never mind those Hawaii people who spend decades on the mainland. Sometimes they try to hard to be Hawaii. Rolo is Hawaii.
Not all of Hawaii crowd were local to the area. Some had come over on a whim. As ubercow pointed out, you get a lot of different types in the crowd. It's just that in San Jose, the crowd is so close to the bench. I've always sat higher up in the stands and never heard the drunks yelling at the coaches. One year I sat in the SJ side and they were like the Stanford crowd almost sedated. I like the fact that Hawaii fans yell and cheer and get really involved in the game but all in good taste for me.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

They did the same to Chow too. Let's leave out Chow's actual performance, records, etc. We talked about how football changed, I think fans changed too. Today's society have no respect for no one.

Bad apples are everywhere, Hawaii fans or not. Just like the time when fans booed on the run plays.

Even at 5-1 Rolo should be loved by all as this program have not seen this type of success in a long time.

Recall how fans also called for Wagner to leave. And he was GOAT UH Coach at the time.

At some point, even the best coaches will burn out in today's environment.