*** Official Hawaii vs Army, Game 4 Thread ***

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** Official Hawaii vs Army, Game 4 Thread ***

Post by RedZone »

Army likes bring up a safety or corner to blitz. We will see what happens. Cole can’t hold the ball long.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

Army brought their A game. Hawai’i didn’t and it finally bit them. Hats off to Army! Hawai’i needs to use this loss as motivation going forward.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

At least this loss wasn’t a conference lost. If Cole is watching film, well he has more film to watch.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

good game, army's got a nice team. came down to the wire, dunno about that incomplete pass overturn at the end

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Good stop by Army. Brown was the better option on the outside.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Good try guys, I’ll take I’ll take 3-1 record we knew was going to be a tough game to win at Army, at least was close and they had chance so
Atleast we know these guys will fight to the end

Go to give credit to Army they are a good team

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Like Rolo said other teams will have tape on their offense. It doesn’t get any easier.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

That Army quarterback will be a nightmare for the teams they will be playing.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

I had a feeling we were probably going to lose this one. Eh, oh well.

3-1 is still better than anyone would have hoped for before the season began.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Army is gonna beat Navy. Putting my money on it. For Hawaii, Duquesne is next and then San Jose state. We need those 2 wins before we get to murderers row. It’s gonna be a little tougher to get to the Hawaii bowl.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Nice game by Army, congrats to them—they're a good and well coached team.
Execution on our side, we need work. I don't like Furuta in there as our feature back, not enough quicks in him. Furuta's a nice player, good power runner/blocker, but I think Holly or Reed should be getting more reps—they're more of a threat to break it for more yards, Furuta had space on a shovel pass but not enough quicks, missed cut back lanes too. Army was dropping 8 in coverage, we needed to run, use screens out of the backfield, wheel routes to the RB and the shovel pass. Furuta's not our best option in running or pass catching out of the backfield. If Cole had more experience in handling the offense, only then I would say Furata starting is okay, but Cole needs the threat of the RB running and catching to help him against these 8-man in coverage defenses. Ursua for all his greatness as a slot still tries to catch the ball with his shoulders—resulting in drops. Armstrong-Brown, time to give someone else a shot at his WR position—not reliable (hands). In the last minute of the game, the lob to Ursua, I don't like that one. Armstrong-Brown, if he has to be in there use him for the lob. Armstrong-Brown, at 6'3" is also a HS champion in the high-jump. Head scratcher.

Our defense did enough for our team to win this game, they had a couple of bad spots and calls go against them. Holding Army to 28 points, should have be a win for us. Overall the D did good. Almost forgot, #16 a DB, missed a crucial tackle, didn't even make an attempt to tackle the FB. SMH

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

What a great game! Way to fight Hawaii.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 am Nice game by Army, congrats to them—they're a good and well coached team.
Execution on our side, we need work. I don't like Furuta in there as our feature back, not enough quicks in him. Furuta's a nice player, good power runner/blocker, but I think Holly or Reed should be getting more reps—they're more of a threat to break it for more yards, Furuta had space on a shovel pass but not enough quicks, missed cut back lanes too. Army was dropping 8 in coverage, we needed to run, use screens out of the backfield, wheel routes to the RB and the shovel pass. Furuta's not our best option in running or pass catching out of the backfield. If Cole had more experience in handling the offense, only then I would say Furata starting is okay, but Cole needs the threat of the RB running and catching to help him against these 8-man in coverage defenses. Ursua for all his greatness as a slot still tries to catch the ball with his shoulders—resulting in drops. Armstrong-Brown, time to give someone else a shot at his WR position—not reliable (hands). In the last minute of the game, the lob to Ursua, I don't like that one. Armstrong-Brown, if he has to be in there use him for the lob. Armstrong-Brown, at 6'3" is also a HS champion in the high-jump. Head scratcher.

Our defense did enough for our team to win this game, they had a couple of bad spots and calls go against them. Holding Army to 28 points, should have be a win for us. Overall the D did good. Almost forgot, #16 a DB, missed a crucial tackle, didn't even make an attempt to tackle the FB. SMH
I believe they were 11 yards out and the defensive back was riding Ursua out of bounds. In my eyes this was pass interference. Also, Cole had to throw because there was a delayed blitz and the defender had him if he held it a split second longer.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

Yes, 3-1 is great, as I expected our team to be 1-3 at this point in the season, but it's frustrating at times because I/we can see the potential of this team. This game was winnable. Mainly, our execution is what killed us. Crucial drops, penalties and perhaps the offensive game plan. Of course, this is just my opinion, others may see it much different than me. I'm just a tired, caffeine deprived fan this morning. I can't drink caffeine because I have to go back to sleep, working tonight. lol

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:17 am
stranger808 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 am Nice game by Army, congrats to them—they're a good and well coached team.

I believe they were 11 yards out and the defensive back was riding Ursua out of bounds. In my eyes this was pass interference. Also, Cole had to throw because there was a delayed blitz and the defender had him if he held it a split second longer.
I agree, I thought a flag should have been thrown too.