*** Official Hawaii vs Rice, Game 3 Thread ***

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: *** Official Hawaii vs Rice, Game 3 Thread ***

Post by WarriorTyme »

Got to give it to the defense! They made some big stops and turnovers. This team has the never give up attitude. Got to give credit to Rice Football team they gave Hawaii all they could handle.

Rice is a good team they gave Houston Cougars Football team all they could handle last week 45-27 loss… the same Houston team that put a 45-18 shellacking on PAC-12 Arizona team coached by Kevin Sumlin. Colorado State beat SEC team Arkansas in a thriller 34-27 today. Hawaii is playing quality teams.

A lot of Hawaii penalties and miscues that need to be cleaned up.

Great quality win tonight… Army beatdown FCS Liberty Football team 38-14 at home. Hawaii plays another great team in Army at home at West Point NY.

Go Warriors!

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

It wasn't pretty, but we still got the win.

It is apparent that our defense needs to be taught the fundamentals of tackling once again. With that said, they picked up some of the slack when our offense was stagnant. Our offensive play-calling needs to be put under a microscope.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Jojo doesn’t get the ball thrown to him that much but that play he made to get us away from the endzone was probably the biggest play of the game.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Not a pretty game but still a win. More penalties, more sacks, more mistakes but you have to love it that they didn't give up and kept at it till the end of the game.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

RedZone wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:17 pm Jojo doesn’t get the ball thrown to him that much but that play he made to get us away from the endzone was probably the biggest play of the game.
+1 I agree that was big

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: *** Hawaii vs Rice, Game 3 Pregame Thread ***

Post by shrek2 »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:17 am
stranger808 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:11 am
shrek2 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:02 pm At the beginning of the season, they were predicting that this would be one of two teams that Hawaii could beat but as I look at the past history of Rice versus Hawaii and how they played Houston, this is going to be a tough team to beat. There is no way Hawaii should be favored by 17. They have a physical wide receiver to match their running back that probably rivals the wide receivers they had for CSU.
I believe we're favored by 17 or so points because Rice barely beat Praire View A&M and last year closed out the season with 10 straight losses. Hawaii on the other hand beat 2 very good teams in CSU and Navy. Rice also has to travel to our house. Big distraction for any team beyond the west coast.
Thanks for the info regarding the 10 straight losses last year. I saw the Rice highlights from last week and I thought the wide receiver and quarterback look pretty good. They tried running against Prairie View and then they seemed to have tried passing against Houston. Hopefully they don't mix it up too good this weekend. I still think that the 360 degree switch on UH after two games is a bit much and they should be favored by only 7. I like to see the defense shutdown both run and pass. That would really highlight my Saturday night.
The stop at the beginning of the 4th quarter made my night even with the set back to follow. Brings back memories of all the Hawaii teams that played for pride. Most recently I guess it was Pisa Tinoisamoa who knocked a runner trying to come over the top. Thank you Bows.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I think they need to use their taller WRs and run some possession passing for first down in 3 and more than 5 yds.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

One of the things that Hawaii coaches may consider are times when the QB lines up under center especially when they're on the one yard line or goal line. It takes too long for the play to develop in the shotgun so it hard to get the ball from out of the goal line. Even drawing the other team offsides is a chance worth taking to get the ball out to the 5. If UH goes offsides, its only half the distance backward.