Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

**Official Predict-the-score contest: UH vs Rice**

Post by ubercow »

Now's a good time to bring this one back..

Guess what the score will be for each team in this week's UH football game. If you get the score exactly right then you will win a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate.

You only get one guess per game and the contest closes at the start of the Football game (kick-off). If two people have the same score, the person who posted it first will be the winner. *hint, check to see if anyone else already took your guess* Any entry after the kick off or any edited posts will be voided. GOOD LUCK!!!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: **Official Predict-the-score contest: UH vs Rice**

Post by ubercow »

UH 45 - Rice 28

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Hawaii 55 - Rice 17

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Rice - 31
Hawaii - 70

sts808
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by sts808 »

Hawaii 52 - Rice 41

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Personally, I don't like this post and maybe its just me but it promotes gambling as a primary objective to the game as opposed to the sport of football itself. It's okay to post it as a note on a bigger post but it just makes me feel uncomfortable that gambling is why we watch football. Let's talk football.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

UH: 51
Rice: 20

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:11 pm Personally, I don't like this post and maybe its just me but it promotes gambling as a primary objective to the game as opposed to the sport of football itself. It's okay to post it as a note on a bigger post but it just makes me feel uncomfortable that gambling is why we watch football. Let's talk football.
Dude, the PTS post has been going on for a decade+ on this forum.

Hawaii 45, Rice 34.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

J-Rod wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:48 pm
shrek2 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:11 pm Personally, I don't like this post and maybe its just me but it promotes gambling as a primary objective to the game as opposed to the sport of football itself. It's okay to post it as a note on a bigger post but it just makes me feel uncomfortable that gambling is why we watch football. Let's talk football.

Hawaii 45, Rice 34.
That's a cool thing that people are interested in the score of the game and its been going on for 10+ years, its my own personal bias to not call game spreads or scores as a major post. I wonder why there were no prediction on the score of the first two games? Forgive me that if this is a tradition with Hawaii football.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:36 pm
J-Rod wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:48 pm

Hawaii 45, Rice 34.
That's a cool thing that people are interested in the score of the game and its been going on for 10+ years, its my own personal bias to not call game spreads or scores as a major post. I wonder why there were no prediction on the score of the first two games? Forgive me that if this is a tradition with Hawaii football.
I think there were no posts for the first two games because activity on the message board in general has been way down for the last several years... but the people have awoken and the regular threads are back! people are excited about UH football again! All we need now is the "We better not take _____ lightly" thread and everything is back to normal!

also, I don't think the PTS thread is necessarily about gambling as much as what people think will happen when two teams play each other, with a huge dose of homerism mixed in. I predicted 70-31 but I don't think I would put any money down at a sports book on that exact result. I just think we'll score 10 TDs and they will score 4 TDs and 1 FG. Plus, there is a thread already posted that talks about the point spread...

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

Hi-62
Ri-28

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

42 - Hawaii
27 - Rice

shokee
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by shokee »

WARRIORS 42
old rice 17

See how much fun that is?? :D

GO WARRIORS!! :evil:

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:11 pmPersonally, I don't like this post and maybe its just me but it promotes gambling as a primary objective to the game as opposed to the sport of football itself. It's okay to post it as a note on a bigger post but it just makes me feel uncomfortable that gambling is why we watch football. Let's talk football.
That's fine, feel free not to post/follow this thread if you think it promotes something you don't like.

I personally don't think it promotes gambling, it's literally put in your wishful thinking score, and if you're right, win a small prize. You could even previously win a pie from one of the forum members if you guessed the attendance thread correctly. I don't think any gambling chronics were created from the 10+ years these threads have been going on, it's just a fun way to follow how your team did the previous week. (maybe pie chronics tho, people kept asking for pies for _years_)

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

You must know that it is not gambling if it is free to enter. That’s just a contest with a free prize.

Hawaii 46 Rice 31. .... if I win mods can donate the card or roll it over for the next week