Podcast experiment

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Podcast experiment

Post by poidog »

I feel like there isn't enough UH Football content out there, so I decided to try to create my own:

http://www.buzzsprout.com/206035

This is just an experiment, so let me know what you think? Worth the effort, or nah?

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: Podcast experiment

Post by ubercow »

i listen to a bit of podcasts so I'll put in my two cents. it's not my type of podcast but it has decent production. it could probably benefit off having a second person to play off of so it's more conversational and less like a lecture/journalism. i'd probably recommend finding someone who's a great conversationalist, really funny, and/or someone with a lot of expertise. or doing interviews/conversations with people in the scene is another possible route to go

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Keep it up. Great start. Looking to see your podcast develop over the season.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

ubercow wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:20 pm i listen to a bit of podcasts so I'll put in my two cents. it's not my type of podcast but it has decent production. it could probably benefit off having a second person to play off of so it's more conversational and less like a lecture/journalism. i'd probably recommend finding someone who's a great conversationalist, really funny, and/or someone with a lot of expertise. or doing interviews/conversations with people in the scene is another possible route to go
Thanks for the feedback. the original concept was going to be myself and a friend going over game day things (the crowd, how the game felt in the stadium, etc) and hopefully that is where we will go with it. I didn't really want to do a 20 minute monologue, but I felt like if I am going to do this that I needed to go through the process of recording something and posting it and risking sounding like a tool before we got further than a game into the season. the result is pretty poor, but I'm kind of glad I did it. I definitely don't want to waste people's time, so we'll see where it goes...

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Go for it dawg!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

poidog wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:45 pmThanks for the feedback. the original concept was going to be myself and a friend going over game day things (the crowd, how the game felt in the stadium, etc) and hopefully that is where we will go with it. I didn't really want to do a 20 minute monologue, but I felt like if I am going to do this that I needed to go through the process of recording something and posting it and risking sounding like a tool before we got further than a game into the season. the result is pretty poor, but I'm kind of glad I did it. I definitely don't want to waste people's time, so we'll see where it goes...
you did the best thing which was to do it in the first place. first-hand experience will just make your next pod that much easier/better. i'd check out your follow ups, good luck

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Somehow if you are able to add in some visuals of cute UH co-eds, then I'm all in!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I enjoyed it. Sounds like you were right about having to score a lot of points early to hold on to the game later
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

i wouldn't mind chiming in if you'd have me.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

chawan_cut wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:18 pm i wouldn't mind chiming in if you'd have me.
woah, chawan_cut as my first guest! sounds good, but I have to find a way to record the next one at a reasonable hour and not at midnight Thursday night...

We could record at tailgate (which might be fun), but I am not ready to reveal my secret life to the rest of the gang. Also, it would be too close to game time and the content would be obsolete by the time my 3 listeners tuned in.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

episode 3 is online (a day late!):

http://www.buzzsprout.com/206035

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »