*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Road to the HI Bowl Thread - after game 4

Post by My3Cats »

Irse wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:15 am
wyokie wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:18 am
Irse wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:26 pm

I think we win the next three. I think we can beat Wyoming
A junior high squad from Niihau could beat us as long as Vigen is our OC. His game plan is so predictable it's sad. 1st Down: run up the middle. 2nd Down: run up the middle. 3rd Down: pass. 4th Down: Punt. REPEAT!
Did he learn from Chow? Oh wait, Chow was third down run up the middle
I forget which game it was, but Norm called the same run up the middle play three times in a row because he was upset that the offense wasn't doing it correctly. Unfortunately, they never, ever did. Oh but wait . . . Norm had about 20 different up the middle plays with different blocking assignments. But unfortunately, they rarely ever worked.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:24 am
I forget which game it was, but Norm called the same run up the middle play three times in a row because he was upset that the offense wasn't doing it correctly. Unfortunately, they never, ever did. Oh but wait . . . Norm had about 20 different up the middle plays with different blocking assignments. But unfortunately, they rarely ever worked.
I totally agree, and I remember that (but can't recall which game as there were many similar).

*Just for fun, I'm going to defend Chow.*

I do like the fact the Chow, going into a game, have the first 10 (or was that 15 or 20) plays already scripted. That is a good thing where everyone is crystal clear on what they need to do, and what needs to happen. Like many have said, the game is about "us" not about the other team. If "we" do what we need to do, we control the game, at our pace, and at our tempo. Never-mind them, it's about us. We do what we do, and let them try and beat us. All you really need is 3-4 yards per down. That should be simple to do, no?

I actually do agree with this coaching philosophy.

There was a disconnect. Not sure if it was with the HC to assistant coaches. Or maybe the players just didn't buy in. Nothing wrong with trying to be USC of the Pacific.

The failed result wasn't Chow's plan. I don't know exactly where it was wrong. I think it was the wrong man at the wrong time. But I also think it was the pressure. How fast did they toss out Bob Wagner? He was the winning-est GOAT UH Football coach at that time.

I follow Dick Tomey too, after UH. Ok, he "resigned" from Arizona, because fans wanted him out, for not getting Arizona to the Rose Bowl. We all know how Bowl selection is a joke. Tomey is still the winning-est coach in Arizona history. Winning is not enough. Just Win...does not always satisfy everyone. Did they replace Tomey with someone better? No.

We can't turn back time. I think fan's expectations, boosters, school admins, etc need an adjustment.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

4 down, 3 more wins to go. San Jose State is next.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Get chance! Just have to stay healthy and keep fighting. Was last night the most penalties that UH had in a game so far this season? Cannot go back to shooting themselves in the foot as in past years.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

4-1 with 8 more games! just have to win 3 out of 8.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

I hungry, I need to eat spartans.

GO WARRIORS!!!
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:07 pm Was last night the most penalties that UH had in a game so far this season? Cannot go back to shooting themselves in the foot as in past years.
Also most turnovers, worst yet 3 possession in a row

BigWave96744

Re: Road to the HI Bowl Thread - after game 5

Post by BigWave96744 »

Hawai‘i Bowl Tickets On Sale October 1

HONOLULU – Individual game tickets for the 17th annual Hawai‘i Bowl will go on sale Monday, October 1 at 9:00 a.m. The Hawai‘i Bowl, Hawai‘i’s holiday tradition, will be played at Aloha Stadium on Saturday, Dec. 22, at 5:30 p.m. local time and televised on ESPN.

The game will be played outside of its traditional Christmas Eve timeslot for the first time in over a decade.

Fans may purchase individual game tickets online at www.eTicketHawaii.comand print them on their home computer. Tickets are also available at the Stan Sheriff Center Box Office (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., closed on State Holidays), at Aloha Stadium Box Office (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., closed on State Holidays) or by calling 808-944-2697during the same hours.

Tickets range from $45 for sideline seating to $20 for general admission end zone seating.

For Group prices and corporate packages please call 808-523-3688or visit www.TheHawaiiBowl.com.

Celebrating its 17th year in 2018, the Hawai‘i Bowl will pit a team from Conference USA against a team from the Mountain West. Last year, the Fresno State Bulldogs made its third Hawai‘i Bowl appearance, defeating the University of Houston, 33-27.

The hometown University of Hawai‘i Rainbow Warriors have appeared in the Hawai‘i Bowl seven times, winning the championship trophy four times.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

2 more wins to the Hawaii bowl. Up next is Wyoming and they’re going to be tougher than San Jose State. Also it’s rivalry week battle for the paniolo 🏆 🤠.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

ESPN Week 5 Bowl Projection.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ons-week-5
Hawai'i Bowl

Aloha Stadium, Honolulu
Dec. 22, 10:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Hawai'i vs. BYU
Sherman: Hawai'i vs. Louisiana Tech

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Road to the HI Bowl Thread - after game 6

Post by couz808 »

One more win to get in the Hawaii bowl. Next week against BYU might be our toughest opponent this season and we never won in Provo so getting the 7th win will be a stretch. Hopefully Cole is healthy.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Road to the HI Bowl Thread - after game 6

Post by Irse »

One more to go. But I think SDSU will be our toughest game. BYU got hndled by Utah State who we have to play later on.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Re: Road to the HI Bowl Thread - after game 7

Post by BigWave96744 »

Ok, at 6-1, anyone wants to change their vote?

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

San Jose and Wyoming were kind of must win games to the easier path to the Hawaii Bowl. Mission accomplished.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

Conf. USA , hard to get excited with that conference.

Hawaii bowl tie in with the ACC would be nice. We hardly ever play teams from way over there.