shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Nick Rolovich retweeted —- Hawaii Shovel Pass

Post by shrek2 »

I'm not a twitter fan. Can somebody translate the message?

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:22 am I'm not a twitter fan. Can somebody translate the message?
The tweet came from HawaiiShovelPass ... Nick retweeted it. Sorry my link isn’t the best.

To translate .... take the Fa and extend it while raising tone of voice ... faaaaaaaaa! then add the kas ....

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I think Colorado was not prepared for Hawaii's new R&S. Maybe they were still watching "old" tapes like from a few years ago.

You can bet MWC teams are study on Saturday's game. The Shovel Pass should remain the side dish in the offense. So I don't believe it will be as effective as this past game.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:27 am I think Colorado was not prepared for Hawaii's new R&S. Maybe they were still watching "old" tapes like from a few years ago.

You can bet MWC teams are study on Saturday's game. The Shovel Pass should remain the side dish in the offense. So I don't believe it will be as effective as this past game.

Agreed. It was classic June Jones. But only one iteration of JJ from a particular time period.

Look for Rolo to mix up the different ways to use the RB. Opponents should study a decade of film.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:04 am
shrek2 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:22 am I'm not a twitter fan. Can somebody translate the message?
The tweet came from HawaiiShovelPass ... Nick retweeted it. Sorry my link isn’t the best.

To translate .... take the Fa and extend it while raising tone of voice ... faaaaaaaaa! then add the kas ....
I'm not trying to be naïve but it sounds like kid talk for the German equivalent of ficken or Spanish equivalent of chingata (sorry, you're not going to find this in google translate, you gotta have Mexican friends). Is that it?

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

I ROFL when I saw that tweet.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:44 am

Look for Rolo to mix up the different ways to use the RB. Opponents should study a decade of film.
I really want to see Dayton Furuta line up in the Power I, like the way Bob Wagner used to do it.

Power football. Straight up. IIRC, Al Noga and Joe Seomalo was in the backfield. If you don't want to get hurt, better get out of the way. You are going to get hurt anyway, so get out of the way.

Furuta is almost just as big.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:24 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:44 am

I really want to see Dayton Furuta line up in the Power I, like the way Bob Wagner used to do it.

Power football. Straight up. IIRC, Al Noga and Joe Seomalo was in the backfield. If you don't want to get hurt, better get out of the way. You are going to get hurt anyway, so get out of the way.

Furuta is almost just as big.

Yep power eye. Smash mouth. Student Body right. :wink:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

The same style was later run with Mark Nua and Hekoti Fakava. Nua at 6'6" 350 coming full steam at you. I would back off of that by sight.

True story, I lived Fremont CA, and cross into East Palo Alto everyday to and from work. I saw far away a super thick guy in a Sheriff uniform. They guy also look Poly. No sh... that was Fakava. Went to high school with him for one year at Moanalua. Great guy, RIP.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Always been a fan of the shovel, excited that it's back \:D/

Link

Link

Link

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

What I like see is if and when Hawaii gets a big lead they continue getting bigger instead of playing dead or for better term instead of playing " playing " playing'''''" whatever they were doing when Colorado State made a comeback attempt. We're not Bama or Georgia so we need to be aggressive the whole game. Almost let it get away.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”