Post Colorado State Game thoughts?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Post Colorado State Game thoughts?

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I loved it. The whole game. In years past our team would have lost. This years team never gave up. They kept fighting on.

I can't believe the Shovel or shuttle pass worked so well. In years past it hardly went for a yard or two.

Yes the receivers are what we need. Good hands, They can read defenses. They can catch and get YAC.

Our running back core did great too. Great running and catching. Plus they can block for the QB as well as downfield.

Our OL did some really good blocking at times. Better than past years. I like how they run downfield trying to block someone for our RB's.

Most of all I like how they play for each other. They really seem to be one big family. If they can keep that attitude up they will shock the football world like they did against CSU.

Did I mention that this year will be special?

Now to correct the wrongs and improve.

Navy will be a tough competitor. Again Hawaii will be picked to lose and maybe by several scores. I say Whatever's! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Link

Link

Link

Better late than never. I just came across this video.

Link

Sorry I keep finding new stuff. Hahahaha.

Link

OK this will be my last one to post here, I think Hahahahaha.

Link
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I liked watching Okeke at safety and looking forward to Tavai being on the field at same time.

Ursua and Byrd were awesome. I believe Jojo Ward will be a playmaker too.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

HawaiianHogster wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:47 pm I loved it. The whole game. In years past our team would have lost. This years team never gave up. They kept fighting on.

I can't believe the Shovel or shuttle pass worked so well. In years past it hardly went for a yard or two.

Yes the receivers are what we need. Good hands, They can read defenses. They can catch and get YAC.

Our running back core did great too. Great running and catching. Plus they can block for the QB as well as downfield.

Our OL did some really good blocking at times. Better than past years. I like how they run downfield trying to block someone for our RB's.

Most of all I like how they play for each other. They really seem to be one big family. If they can keep that attitude up they will shock the football world like they did against CSU.

Did I mention that this year will be special?

Now to correct the wrongs and improve.

Navy will be a tough competitor. Again Hawaii will be picked to lose and maybe by several scores. I say Whatever's! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Link

Link

Link

Better late than never. I just came across this video.

Link
Yah the shovel in resent years did not work to well, it was effective in JJ and Macs years tho
Ilaoa was a beast at the shovel

Thanks for the vids
Last edited by ulua on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Yes I agree that JJ and Mac was successful with the shuttle pass
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

It would be cool if this game encouraged 40K + fans to show up at next weeks home opener against Navy

UHALLDAWAY808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by UHALLDAWAY808 »

Furuta reminded me of Ilaoa running that shovel.. No dropped passes like previous years.. Cole McDonald looked alot better than Dru Brown.. Hes only a Sophomore and ran that Offense like Colts Junior year.. Well maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.. I'm just fricken excited we won against a caliber team on the road.. I remember that 88 game and its been awhile! I was 8 years old!

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

We have weapons on offense, Cole's running ability is a huge bonus, Jojo Ward, Ursua and Byrd. Holly at RB, the bulldozer in Furuta. Rolo calling the plays. They looked good. Eliminate the penalties and we'll be alright. If we add the option near the goal line, our O will be very difficult to stop.

Our ST will give up some long runs on kick-offs, lots of gaps and too much space on the outside. IMO
FG unit much improved, happy with their play.

The D, well, we saw the D in action.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

What going on with Tavai? Violating team rules? There isn't that many games left in his college career. This is the time to impress the NFL scouts. DNP for one game is going to hurt his stats.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:32 am What going on with Tavai? Violating team rules? There isn't that many games left in his college career. This is the time to impress the NFL scouts. DNP for one game is going to hurt his stats.
NFL don't really care about stats. They have plenty of film to look at.
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

It was really great to see Kalepo Naotala (on TV) at the game. And the fact that he got to be on the sideline. I hope the Brotherhood continue to invite him whenever UH play in Colorado.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

nice find.
HawaiianHogster wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Link

Irse

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:29 am It was really great to see Kalepo Naotala (on TV) at the game. And the fact that he got to be on the sideline. I hope the Brotherhood continue to invite him whenever UH play in Colorado.
I believe that he lives out east and was in Colorado for some kind of follow up. So he's not always in Colorado.
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I last heard he was in the rehab facility. Old info. If he is home, that's great.

Irse

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:30 pm I last heard he was in the rehab facility. Old info. If he is home, that's great.
From Tsai's blog
http://www.hawaiiwarriorworld.com/footb ... -warriors/
Naotala was a freshman defensive tackle when he suffered a spinal injury during an accident off Waikiki in July 2017. Following the accident, he was transferred to Craig Hospital, a rehabilitation facility in Colorado that specializes in spinal-cord injuries. After that, he returned to his home in Virginia. He is in Colorado this weekend for follow-up treatment.
ImageImage

daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Post by daddy »

Best game I've seen UH play in a long time. Cole looked great. Ursua is such a baller WR. This looks like at the very least it will be a fun season, as opposed to last year's dreck.