Toilet paper and gas station day

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Toilet paper and gas station day

Post by UnBiasFan »

The update didn’t look good. Don’t know if we are going to get hit. But guarins everyone going to be panicking in the morning. If you need gasoline or water, go now.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Toilet paper and gas station day

Post by Irse »

If we don't get a direct hit, it's going to be very close. I know the team leaves on Wed. but it they can, they should leave today. By tomorrow it'll get a lot more dicier.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Safeway Mililani at 10:30 am was pretty quiet. Most bottled water was gone but the people who were there were not panic shopping. Probably going to see the panic starting later today and tomorrow.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Doesn’t this feel eerily similar than Iniki? Wasn’t the 1992 UH football team in Colorado when iniki hit? Now Lane is coming and the UH football team is going to be in Colorado again. Also both storms coming from the south. I hope it passes us and I hope we have a similar record as the 1992 team.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

couz808 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:25 pm Doesn’t this feel eerily similar than Iniki? Wasn’t the 1992 UH football team in Colorado when iniki hit? Now Lane is coming and the UH football team is going to be in Colorado again. Also both storms coming from the south. I hope it passes us and I hope we have a similar record as the 1992 team.
I couldn’t care less about the teams record. I just hope Hurricane Lane passes us. 🙏

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

filling garbage cans and coolers with water for the toilets. duct taping air gaps in louvers. turning over outdoor glass tables. planning to lay plastic portable tables on their sides to use as levees to mitigate flooding caused by runoff and idiots that speed through standing water causing wakes that flood out residences and businesses along the road. just depleted supplies as house was just tented so a costco run is planned for this afternoon.

good luck everyone. and don't forget to check on elderly neighbors if lane turns ugly.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

couz808 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:25 pm Doesn’t this feel eerily similar than Iniki? Wasn’t the 1992 UH football team in Colorado when iniki hit? Now Lane is coming and the UH football team is going to be in Colorado again. Also both storms coming from the south. I hope it passes us and I hope we have a similar record as the 1992 team.
I sure hope this isn't going to be a repeat of 1992!!!! Your 1992 squad beat the crap outta us and THAT game was in Honolulu as will the 2028 game.

Hope this hurricane doesn't do much. Look on the bright side....Hurricane Lane can't be like Katrina or Andrew!!!!!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

noaa central pacific hurricane center: http://www.prh.noaa.gov/cphc/
lane track: (updates, ~every 6 hours) http://www.prh.noaa.gov/cphc/tcpages/?p ... d=EP142018
other computer models: https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/stormin ... latest.png
other computer models, intensity: https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/stormin ... latest.png

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

I like that blue recycle can as a water holder. Most of these aren’t that dirty. Rinse it with some dish soap and bleach and fill it up. You can use it for washing dishes, toliet, and even drinking if you boil it.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

be safe everyone!
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I never quite got this. Why do people buy toilet paper in a storm? Isn't that when the Longshoremen strike?

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:18 pm I never quite got this. Why do people buy toilet paper in a storm? Isn't that when the Longshoremen strike?
This may be true. But the toilet paper shelves were empty when I went by the store.

Maybe it is because other people are buying it and there is a worry it will be all gone.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:18 pm I never quite got this. Why do people buy toilet paper in a storm? Isn't that when the Longshoremen strike?
Cause airports and harbors could be damaged to a point where no goods may be delivered for a week or two. And you don’t wanna be in a situation with doodoo in your crack with no toilet paper.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:23 pm
Cause airports and harbors could be damaged to a point where no goods may be delivered for a week or two. And you don’t wanna be in a situation with doodoo in your crack with no toilet paper.
Okay, got it. Actually when I was hiking up in Tahoe and didn't have tp, the leaves were my savior.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I always have at least 10 -12 rolls before I buy a new big bag from Costco. One thing I won't run out of. Learned that from my dad. In the late 60s we were on Wake Island when a Cat 4 Typhoon Sarah hit. Women and children got evacuated and the men had to stay back to help rebuild. They ran out of tp and had to use newspaper for tp. Got hemorrhoids. So he always told us to make sure get lots of tp.
ImageImage