Hunter Hughes - how are scholarship players picked?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Hunter Hughes - how are scholarship players picked?

Post by shrek2 »

The put down is subtle but nonetheless there.
"What he was able to do over here in Hawaii with – I love everybody we’ve played with – but it’s not comparable. What he was able to do is pretty miraculous."

No, it was the team that made Hawaii great. Hawaii's program is the best in the country and all members of the team should feel that way or get out or find out how to make it better. The team starts 0-0 in the FBS and every year has the chance of going undefeated.

"Whenever I heard he was looking at Oklahoma State, my heart jumped, because I’m like, ‘Man. What would I do in a situation like that? I would just jump at the opportunity to throw to guys that I know are athletic phenoms.’ It just makes his job that much more easy."

NFL teams do not all have 6'5" receivers running 4.5 because there are better receivers like one from Hawaii named Davone Bess who was only 5'10" but had quarterbacks who could get the ball to them and had a good YAC.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:12 am The put down is subtle but nonetheless there.
"What he was able to do over here in Hawaii with – I love everybody we’ve played with – but it’s not comparable. What he was able to do is pretty miraculous."

No, it was the team that made Hawaii great. Hawaii's program is the best in the country and all members of the team should feel that way or get out or find out how to make it better. The team starts 0-0 in the FBS and every year has the chance of going undefeated.

"Whenever I heard he was looking at Oklahoma State, my heart jumped, because I’m like, ‘Man. What would I do in a situation like that? I would just jump at the opportunity to throw to guys that I know are athletic phenoms.’ It just makes his job that much more easy."

NFL teams do not all have 6'5" receivers running 4.5 because there are better receivers like one from Hawaii named Davone Bess who was only 5'10" but had quarterbacks who could get the ball to them and had a good YAC.
You’re not making any sense. And none of what he said should have any bearing on him earning a scholarship.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:30 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:12 am The put down is subtle but nonetheless there.

You’re not making any sense. And none of what he said should have any bearing on him earning a scholarship.
I guess everyone on the post has a right to make a statement. I feel that the three locals along with Dale were good choices for walk-on scholarships. Maybe people who make decisions actually read these posts. Whatever doesn't make sense to you might have made sense to other people.