*True Sports Fan*

good times... (2010)

Post by poidog »

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: good times... (2010)

Post by cabanalane »

Yes indeed, good times. Sure, Mac was not as "successful" as JJ, but it was just as exciting IIRC. There were some disappointments and heartbreaks. But IMO, Mac era teams were better than their record showed. Good times, good memories. Rolo was at the heart of that, so let's bring that feeling back.

One thing I have to note was the Mighty Mo series. Well done. And the Hawaii Five-O theme is timeless.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Thanks for the memories! Haven't watched the 2010 games in awhile. Talent abounded on both sides of the ball as well as with special teams. Moniz made quick decisions and had a quick release. Alex Green was a monster, as were Pilares, Salas, Pollard and Bradley. Favorite play was Paredes stripping the ball away from Mister Hollywood.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

My3Cats wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:05 pm Thanks for the memories! Haven't watched the 2010 games in awhile. Talent abounded on both sides of the ball as well as with special teams. Moniz made quick decisions and had a quick release. Alex Green was a monster, as were Pilares, Salas, Pollard and Bradley. Favorite play was Paredes stripping the ball away from Mister Hollywood.
i didn't realize how quick moniz was getting rid of the ball.i miss those days.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I'm sure we all have our favorite UH QBs. But let's compare local boys.

Bryant Moniz or Timmy Chang?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Don't forget about Garrett Gabriel. Although he was a square peg in a round hole regarding the Bob Wagner/Paul Johnson spread option, he helped to lead UH to two huge upsets over archrival BYU.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

That's right. Square peg round hole, best summary on GG. I'll have to use that.

I was thinking of R&S offense, and that's why I was only thinking of Chang and Moniz.

But that reminds me, forget the success, how do you think Garrett Gabriel would have been in Dick Tomey offense? If GG said, I'm going to transfer to Arizona to be with the coach that recruited me. Back then it was uncommon for locals guys to go to the mainland. Or mainland never knew Hawaii had talented players.

(where as today, local high shool players first option is probably mainland school)

Would GG be recruited by mainland schools, today? He had good size to start.