shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

JR Hensley player to watch

Post by shrek2 »

My guess on the offense/defense is that JR Hensley is the player to watch. He has NFL size and in my opinion will make the draft should he choose in a couple of years. He should be on the Outland Trophy watch in 2019. He also made Academic all-MWC so he's not just a jock. He wasn't called for as many hold calls as some of the other highly touted offensive line.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: JR Hensley player to watch

Post by cabanalane »

6'5" 310. Size is there. Good kid. Any NFL team should be able to coach him.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

I like the dude's play. The dude has heart.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

His height/weight has remained stagnant since high school which leads me to believe that the baby fat has turned into muscle. Everybody on the offensive line was getting the accolades last year except him. He has the potential to become one of the premier offensive linemen in the MWC.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Dude should be a beast. Like the saying, you can't coach size.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

I saw on one play against CSU, JR Hensley pulled around right tackle and pancaked a CSU defender! Sweet! lol

shokee
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by shokee »

stranger808 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:00 pm I saw on one play against CSU, JR Hensley pulled around right tackle and pancaked a CSU defender! Sweet! lol
Mmmm.... Pancakes!! :o

Tasty! \:D/

GO WARRIORS!! :evil:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

If you look at the players working with the kids during the summer, there is JR Hensley. If there is a player who embodies the "Live Aloha, Play Warrior," this is the guy. Here's a YouTube on him working with the Youth Impact Program over the summer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jwFTrj9m5M&t=2s
Nice to have a new trophy at team banquet to the player who demonstrates the "Live Aloha, Play Warrior" the best.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Aloha goes both ways, and there are those (mainland guys) who do feel it. Not just talk, but feel it in his heart (like Rolo).

JR's mom on social media have said how much "Hawaii" have given JR, and how people of Hawaii have welcome and accepted him. How his teammates took him in as part of the Brotherhood.

Often time, we hear that Aloha is lost. But Aloha is alive a well, even today.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

AND he's a Junior :)

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

The holding call against him in the Rice game was a fluke because the guy fell down and wasn't even blocked. Sort of like the offensive pass interference call against Ursua where he did not use his hands or run into the player but just slowed down.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:11 pm The holding call against him in the Rice game was a fluke because the guy fell down and wasn't even blocked. Sort of like the offensive pass interference call against Ursua where he did not use his hands or run into the player but just slowed down.
That was a bogus call. JR had his hand on the guy's waist on the side and the guy was already falling down. He wasn't even grabbing the defender with that hand.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:12 am
shrek2 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:11 pm The holding call against him in the Rice game was a fluke because the guy fell down and wasn't even blocked. Sort of like the offensive pass interference call against Ursua where he did not use his hands or run into the player but just slowed down.
That was a bogus call. JR had his hand on the guy's waist on the side and the guy was already falling down. He wasn't even grabbing the defender with that hand.
Yeah Cats, I had to watch the YouTube full game and only listened to the Broadcast but when I saw it, it pee'd me off. JR barely, barely touched the guy and he fell down. I still haven't recovered from the call from last year where Trayvon Henderson was in a highlight reel type play where he dove over the guy's shoulder to tip the ball away and got called for pass interference. They really need to grade the referees in the conference and kick the bad ones out. We need to get some respect from the MWC referees this year.