Is Hawaii back in black?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Is Hawaii back in black?

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:21 pm I wonder if they will stick with Black this weekend, or go with Green
Aren't we going black all year?
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Irse wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:50 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:21 pm I wonder if they will stick with Black this weekend, or go with Green
I wouldn't mind, but they did show off the 3 jerseys during preseason. I would think as long as they keep winning, nothing should change.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:11 pm
Irse wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:50 pm
I wouldn't mind, but they did show off the 3 jerseys during preseason. I would think as long as they keep winning, nothing should change.
I think it will be the furikake green jerseys against/on Rice.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

t easy for us to focus on the Hawaii high scoring offense but the Hawaii defense is getting it’s swag back.

As I rewatch both the Colorado State and Navy games, I noticed an improvement from in defense from last year. This years defense plays faster and has some speed side line to side line. I remember a slower poor tackling defense last season and during the Chow/Ben Jay era.

Jalani Tavai, Solomon Matautia, Eugene Ford, Roe Farris, Kalen Hicks, Ikem Okeke, Jeffery Keene, Manly Williams, Blessman Ta’ala, Zeno Choi are Warrior defense standouts! I got to give LB Penei Pavihi credit for stepping up in the Colorado State game in place of Jalani Tavai… Kudos to Penei.

It could be that Coach Batoon schemes are just putting the players in the right spot to pursue the ball quicker or the RnS/RPO offense is scoring at will and gives the defense a lift in confidence and the Batoon can call more aggressive defense with a potent high scoring offense.

Give the Hawaii Warrior defense credit.

I say again:

Rolo is doing the right thing bringing back the Hawaii Warrior era RnS and uniforms, then add that Island logo with “H” logo beautiful helmet that just inspires Hawaii State pride and swag

Just relax and enjoy watching the Hawaii Warrior boys look good, feel good, play good in Hawaii Warrior era uniforms that Rolo, Stutzman, Smith, Chad Owens, Bess, Colt Brennan, Bryant Moniz, Nate Ilaoa, Leonard Peters, Samson Satele, Greg Salas, Keahola Pilares, Jason Rivers, Ryan Grice-Mullen and so many more that play with Hawaii Warrior swag.

Live Aloha/Play Warrior

Play Swag/Go Warriors

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

I really feel like this season with Cole and Ursua/Byrd/JoJo, the way the offense moves down the field reminds me of shades of Colt and Bess/RGM/Rivers but younger and potential is just there to really boom. Should be great with the attention to hopefully attract some new recruiting look.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

CityOfWalrus wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:11 am I really feel like this season with Cole and Ursua/Byrd/JoJo, the way the offense moves down the field reminds me of shades of Colt and Bess/RGM/Rivers but younger and potential is just there to really boom. Should be great with the attention to hopefully attract some new recruiting look.
Whoa, welcome back CoW, been almost 2 years. :)

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

BigWave96744 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:43 pm
CityOfWalrus wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:11 am I really feel like this season with Cole and Ursua/Byrd/JoJo, the way the offense moves down the field reminds me of shades of Colt and Bess/RGM/Rivers but younger and potential is just there to really boom. Should be great with the attention to hopefully attract some new recruiting look.
Whoa, welcome back CoW, been almost 2 years. :)
Haha thanks! I've always been here actually always just checking but just never posting :( But I made a new Cole sig so I wanted to share it and I even got a tweet liked by Cole himself when I tweeted the new sig! I'm just happy to see the Big Island rocking and the ball slingin again, feel like home again!

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

The green jerseys are the nicest ones by a mile. They should use those at home and demote the black ones to "alternate" unis when they want to change things up once or twice a season.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I like both the black and the green tops.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

bandits1 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:51 pm The green jerseys are the nicest ones by a mile. They should use those at home and demote the black ones to "alternate" unis when they want to change things up once or twice a season.
I like this. Just my quick observation. When I watch other college football at the gym. Often times, I wonder....who is that? Oh, they changed their uniforms. It keeps me guessing.

I think there are more "back" uniforms than other colors. Everyone is trying to be intimidating.

I like the idea of saving the black uniforms. This way, maybe the defender will get confused, for that 1/2 second, and think it was another team they played against.

In my mind, everytime I see silver and white uniforms, I think of the Sugar bowl loss. UH need to erase that from fan's memory.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

So we have black, green and white tops and only black pants, next year I wouldn’t mind them adding a white and gree pants so we can go all white, all green all black or have more mixed color options.