new stadium location

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: new stadium location

Post by poidog »

415hawaiiboy wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:58 pm I would approach it a bit differently then focus groups. I would present the highest and best use case in financial terms and land use planning benefits. Some of my other ideas are in motion in Hawaii, quietly. It’s not that I control the process, but listening ears can see the virtue. It will take time. Do we have time for Aloha Stadium? Another poster says this project would be challenged. Would it be worth it? I think an alternate site should be studied such as this.

It makes some sense to revive Pearlridge than to create another Pearlridge “entertainment district” a mile east in Halawa.

I’ll start asking around. I don’t personally gain from the idea, because the project will be RFP’d anyway. I’m not someone who gives up easily if I see angle that could be better. Again, the idea just popped in my head yesterday. I have patience but whether or not the decision for site must be made immediately is really the question. I know the landowner relies on stable and increasing amounts of cash flow.

My idea would result in more value for development at Aloha Stadium site. More housing units. It’s more complicated than just building a new stadium next to the existing. At the end of the day, we might just do the easiest thing. But if now is still discussion time, check this out.
works for me...

https://imgur.com/a/0aCw8SH

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:51 pm OK, I’ll play along.

The new stadium should be built at the site of Leeward Community College. Leeward Community College can be down-sized with much of it moved to land next to UH West Oahu. There is a rail stop at both places. The Leeward Community College location could also have student athletic facilities shared by all in UH system.
I like this idea of relocating LCC.

415hawaiiboy
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Giants
NFL: Niners

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

New info for the Pearl Country Club site.

Pearlridge Mall has about 6,500 parking stalls according to their website

Aloha Stadium has 7,500 parking stalls

Way more utilization of the parking at the Mall, not to mention close walking distance from Aiea High School which is auxiliary parking for game day

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Is the old Honolulu Stadium site completely out of the picture? Close to campus, it would bring in a larger student population. Parking would be limited but possibly doable at the site but mostly it would be public transit and party buses.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:01 pm Is the old Honolulu Stadium site completely out of the picture? Close to campus, it would bring in a larger student population. Parking would be limited but possibly doable at the site but mostly it would be public transit and party buses.
the old bowl-o-drome is still vacant so they could raze that no problem...

https://imgur.com/a/ty9AteK

if there's a better way to post images than imgur links someone please tell me...

415hawaiiboy
MLB: Giants
NFL: Niners

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

poidog wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:35 pm
shrek2 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:01 pm Is the old Honolulu Stadium site completely out of the picture? Close to campus, it would bring in a larger student population. Parking would be limited but possibly doable at the site but mostly it would be public transit and party buses.
the old bowl-o-drome is still vacant so they could raze that no problem...

https://imgur.com/a/ty9AteK

if there's a better way to post images than imgur links someone please tell me...
It is probably now out of the picture. There were efforts to examine it. Pucks Alley redevelopment would need a parking structure to help with parking, but I don’t think that’s on the drawing boards.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Some Universities like UC Davis and SJSU use fields to park their cars so why not use Moilili on Saturday nights? I know its a great softball field but softball could move to Ala Wai or put lights at Kapiolani park. After December, Moilili gets flooded and then get the grass cut for the summer.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

leeward c.c. pearl c.c. are interesting ideas.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

kalua pig wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:40 pm leeward c.c. pearl c.c. are interesting ideas.
If we went to LCC, could we cut the stadium authority completely out of the picture?

I mean they get zero. Everything from concessions, to gate receipts, to stadium rental goes to UH athletics. That is after the bond is paid which covers the construction costs.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

just for fun.stadium inside diamond head or on ford island.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Diamond Head !

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

unpaid wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:15 pmDiamond Head !
diamond head crater can house a stadium easy.the hiking trail will be fully operational.kapiolani c.c.can be turned into a parking lot along with the dog park.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

We know about volcanoes, so...

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:59 pm
kalua pig wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:40 pm leeward c.c. pearl c.c. are interesting ideas.
If we went to LCC, could we cut the stadium authority completely out of the picture?

I mean they get zero. Everything from concessions, to gate receipts, to stadium rental goes to UH athletics. That is after the bond is paid which covers the construction costs.
And UH pays for maintenance and repairs? Not sure hey want that
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I would vote for S. King and Isenberg. Bring football back to the students at Manoa.