shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: UH Line - "Where's the beef?"

Post by shrek2 »

Preseason, I was concerned about the O/D line but after today's Army game I really feel good about the heart of the team. I saw #41 flying across the line to make a tackle a couple of times and I said, who's that (Scheyenne Sanitoa). Then Zeno Choi is chasing down the runner across the line and making the tackle. The ultimate was a fourth down stop against Army just like they did Rice last week. The fourth down stop against Army was suppose to have been the second but a generous spot put them over the line by the nose. This team seems like they can play San Diego and Fresno. Those seem like they will be competitive games this year. Hawaii can compete.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Yes, I too like our o and d lines. we return all of our starters on our oline next season. Shoots, we return every stater on offense except Armstrong-Brown, if I'm not mistaken. Well, barring transfers/injuries etc.. Choi has come a long way from being a walk-on, I'm proud of that Warrrior. Aketoa, got a motor too. We're a good team, just need to clean-up some stuff.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:33 am Yes, I too like our o and d lines. we return all of our starters on our oline next season. Shoots, we return every stater on offense except Armstrong-Brown, if I'm not mistaken. Well, barring transfers/injuries etc.. Choi has come a long way from being a walk-on, I'm proud of that Warrrior. Aketoa, got a motor too. We're a good team, just need to clean-up some stuff.
+1 Did you see his dreads?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Hawaii's O-Line got schooled today by Army's D. Three sacks, several QB hurries, and a dearth of running lanes for the backs. Much to learn for our young guys going forward.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Three games the O line held the defense in check. Army had some elusive defensive ends. I think according someone else's post Furuta came in because of a missed block so overall over four games, I'd have to give the O-line kudos for getting through CSU, Navy and Rice.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

This is a pretty good interview with Rocky Long of SDSU talking about the defeat to UNLV. He says that UNLV controlled the line of scrimmage something UH has not been able to do the last four games. Based on the highlights, it looks like Lexington Thomas will probably break one on UH.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XeGAY7m-lY
Lexington Thomas' run to win the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOriB4bQOdA