Mililani LB Darius Muasau Signs LOI

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Mililani LB Darius Muasau Signs LOI

Post by uhwarriors »

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/07/1 ... ni-player/
The University of Hawaii football team has secured a commitment from the defensive leader of one of state’s top teams.

Darius Muasau, who will be a Mililani High senior this fall, told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser he has accepted 2019 scholarship offer from the Rainbow Warriors.

“I always wanted to stay home,” said Muasau, a middle linebacker who was reared in Mililani. “It’s a good chance to stay home and represent Hawaii.”

Mililani coach Rod York said Muasau is 6 feet 1, 230 pounds, and has been electronically timed running 40 yards in sub-4.8 seconds.

“He will be our defensive leader,” York said of Muasau, the play-caller of the Trojans’ 4-3 defensive scheme. “He’s aggressive. He comes downhill real quick. He has great instincts. And he gets after it. … His future is bright with the University of Hawaii.”

York said Muasau also will be used as a running back, slotback and tight end on offense this coming season.

Muasau has a cumulative 3.6 grade-point average.
Video:
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7443397/5a ... 390cfeab07

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: UH gets commitment from top Mililani player

Post by cabanalane »

What's going on in Mililani HS? Seems like a lot of good players are coming out of that school. When I was young, Mililani HS was best known for having a good HS Band.

Have there been an influx of people with athletic DNA moving there in the last 20 years?

Back in the old days, Roosevelt was good because of the Hawaiian population, there were students that had the size to start. Then Kahuku and Farrington with the Polynesians that immigrated to (US) Hawaii.

Schools like Kaiser was never good (unless they cheated with district exceptions). How did Mililani became good at football?

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Image https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1017627448198885376

Link https://twitter.com/808FBRecruits/status/1017928065320488961 https://twitter.com/dariusmuasau/status/1017888574421680130
Last edited by kapakahi on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:12 am What's going on in Mililani HS? Seems like a lot of good players are coming out of that school. When I was young, Mililani HS was best known for having a good HS Band.

Have there been an influx of people with athletic DNA moving there in the last 20 years?

Back in the old days, Roosevelt was good because of the Hawaiian population, there were students that had the size to start. Then Kahuku and Farrington with the Polynesians that immigrated to (US) Hawaii.

Schools like Kaiser was never good (unless they cheated with district exceptions). How did Mililani became good at football?
Youth programs when the kids in the community are young, Mililani High School's commitment to athletics, committed coaching staff that has been around for years/continuity, and the occasional district exemption. According to the article, Muasau sounds like a homegrown player. But then again, according to another article it sounds like he was previously from Ewa Beach.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

My3Cats wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:21 am
But then again, according to another article it sounds like he was previously from Ewa Beach.
I don't know if that's the right way to say it, but I'm glad the public schools are playing the same game. Saint Louis always had good teams for decades cause they can pick the best of the best. Ok, there's coaching too.

Manti Teo would have been with Kahuku, if Punahou never signed him. The rich gets richer. It's almost like no chance for other schools cause all the best players are stacked on one or two teams, that get chance.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

cabanalane wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:12 am What's going on in Mililani HS? Seems like a lot of good players are coming out of that school. When I was young, Mililani HS was best known for having a good HS Band.

Population shift on da island.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

stranger808 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Recruiting but also yeah, Mililani and all the west side schools have continued to expand housing in the area. It's kinda funny tho how Kapolei and McKinley still aren't too good in sports since those two areas seem to be expanding the most...though Kaka'ako is more luxury condos for non-locals to buy

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Just wondering what you guys thoughts are when it comes to "high school" recruiting. Or if I'm the only guy that feel this way.

Al Noga was from Farrington high school. No doubt, he would have play for Saint Louis, today.

What do you guys think of "high school" recruiting?

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Neighbor wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:14 pm
stranger808 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Recruiting but also yeah, Mililani and all the west side schools have continued to expand housing in the area. It's kinda funny tho how Kapolei and McKinley still aren't too good in sports since those two areas seem to be expanding the most...though Kaka'ako is more luxury condos for non-locals to buy

yes, and if Hawaii locals are not careful, they'll give away da whole island to da mainlanders. It's been happening already.

uhwarriors

Re: Mililani LB Darius Muasau Signs LOI

Post by uhwarriors »

https://twitter.com/HawaiiFootball/status/1075458838411784204