QB Zach Daniel signs LOI

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

QB Zach Daniel signs LOI

Post by Irse »

A title-winning quarterback from Texas has agreed to join the University of Hawaii football team next season.

Zach Daniel of The Kincaid School in Houston told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser he has accepted a 2019 scholarship offer from the Rainbow Warriors.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/07/0 ... ball-team/
ImageImage

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: New QB commitment

Post by kapakahi »

Last edited by kapakahi on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Good comments from Sean Salisburyon Zach Daniel's performance at the Elite 11 QB Las Vegas regional.
https://twitter.com/SeanUnfiltered/status/995438466308567040

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

QB position not that important, Defense more important. Defenses wins championships. For offense, just need good system. Then plug in system QB.

That being said, the more options Rolovich has to find good system QB the better. The focus should be on receivers that are deep threat and system QB that got big arm. I watched one highlight video of this brother. He can throw the rock. He will get the job done if he gets the chance.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:51 am QB position not that important, Defense more important. Defenses wins championships. For offense, just need good system. Then plug in system QB.

That being said, the more options Rolovich has to find good system QB the better. The focus should be on receivers that are deep threat and system QB that got big arm. I watched one highlight video of this brother. He can throw the rock. He will get the job done if he gets the chance.
In the R&S the quarterback is very important. You want someone who can move the ball and not create turnovers. Our best defense is keeping our defense off of the field.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Hawaii has been conference champions just four times. In three of the four times, Defense guru Greg McMackin was either in charge of the D or the head coach. JJ only had two conference championship teams. Both of those had Greg McMackin as D coordinator. McMackin was fired and replaced by offense guru. We know what happened after that. D wins championships. Obviously, you got to score. But the difference in having a good year and being a conference champion lies with having a solid D that can produce when their backs are against the wall.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I like this part "Daniel drew the attention of the UH coaches at the USC football camp in June." Let's go "steal" their players. Or is that sample their leftovers?

If UH is still looking for a QB, that's actually bad news. That means, no one is standing out, ahead of the pack, above and beyond.

What would concern me is the "pro-style". The last time UH got a pro-style QB from USC... I actually like Max Wittek, but I think he just didn't fit in.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:08 am I like this part "Daniel drew the attention of the UH coaches at the USC football camp in June." Let's go "steal" their players. Or is that sample their leftovers?

If UH is still looking for a QB, that's actually bad news. That means, no one is standing out, ahead of the pack, above and beyond.

What would concern me is the "pro-style". The last time UH got a pro-style QB from USC... I actually like Max Wittek, but I think he just didn't fit in.
I wouldn't say that, most programs add a QB every recruiting class. Zach is a 2019 recruit.

Zach isn't "from" USC. He just camped there. For example, McKenzie Milton was the QB MVP at Boise State's summer camp a few years back. Obviously does not play for BSU. Recruits tend to camp at a bunch of places during the summer if they can afford it. Rolo was one of the coaches helping at the USC camp and saw Daniel there.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Yes, sorry, I didn't meant he was from USC. It was my failed attempt to say that I'm glad to see UH trying to recruit players that worked out with other programs. We seen too many good Hawaii players being "stolen" from UH.

I like to see the other way around. Hawaii is a small state, and good players can stand out easy. Mainland is harder. So if they did the homework on players only for UH to scoup them up, I'm all for that.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:51 am QB position not that important, Defense more important. Defenses wins championships. For offense, just need good system. Then plug in system QB.

Sorry bro, I have to disagree. In football, the QB's the most important position on the field, at any level.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I think both of you guys are sort of saying the same thing, with different intensity. Most important vs a "good" system QB. We could debate if Colt Brennan was the best UH QB or a good system QB.

Most of the time, Colt walked on water. But to be fair, he was exposed as they figured out the system.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Irse wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:33 am Zach Daniel of The Kincaid School in Houston told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser he has accepted a 2019 scholarship offer from the Rainbow Warriors.
:hello1:

uhwarriors

Re: QB Zach Daniel signs LOI

Post by uhwarriors »

https://twitter.com/KinkaidAthletic/status/1075415757826256896 https://twitter.com/HawaiiFootball/status/1075409082356559872

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Great pick up by UH. I agree with many of you, that there are other positions that should be a priority. What will his role be? Does he have a chance to complete for starting QB? Yes, everyone gets a chance, I know.

Can we agree that Starting QB is McDonald's job to loose? If UH wins the Bowl, the job is his for two more years. Is Rolo preparing for either Chevan Cordeiro and/or Jeremy Moussa to transfer?

The timing for Zach may be "perfect" in that he is looking for the keys to the Offense after McDonald, as a RS Soph.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

The QB is the biggest and most important position to fill. He will determine just how good the offense will be. His decision making most important outside of arm strength and accuracy. I've seen teams falter big time because of bad QB play. To get someone from Texas is freaking huge!!!!!! Great job UH!!!
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”