Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Re: 2 Warriors arrested

Post by ulua »

ubercow wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:05 pm http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/06/2 ... ctivities/
updates on the reports and district court date of July 9
Thanks for the update.
So more is starting to come out, still need to wait for full story before passing judgement.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

ubercow wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:05 pm http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/06/2 ... ctivities/
updates on the reports and district court date of July 9

So the newspaper article gives out names of UH players but no names of others involved. What kind of reporting is that?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

who is the former player?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

July 9th has come and gone. Does anybody have any updates? Anybody go down to District Court?

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Is there a possibility that they would be off the team? If UH took the hard line on KT, should UH take the same stance here? Different situation, but still kind of the same - assault. Right or wrong, justice is suppose to be blind.

That would suck big time for UH if that happened.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:56 am Is there a possibility that they would be off the team? If UH took the hard line on KT, should UH take the same stance here? Different situation, but still kind of the same - assault. Right or wrong, justice is suppose to be blind.

That would suck big time for UH if that happened.
It has to be a felony assault in order for them to be kicked off the team which usually means they kicked the poop out of the guys and there were serious injuries. If its misdemeanor assault it means that somebody got hit once or twice or manhandled. Now to me, the KT incident with his girlfriend was serious but it was still a misdemeanor. The felony was the smashing of the Navigator which to me the lawyer mishandled and didn't get that reduced to a misdemeanor and have KT get the Navigator fixed on some loan he could repay. To me, Jahlani Tavai is the one that has the most to lose for opting to stay and he seems level headed and, it would be an injustice for him to suspend him for any length of time. At most he should do community service or Hawaii will lose a stalwart on an already weak defense.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I think KT's past history and the fact the UH just closed the Chow Era had a lot to do with KT getting the raw deal.

IRC, they "did" let KT back in school, but he did not meet the academic standards, so it became his "fault" for not trying to study his way back.

But let's be real here. Some football players need help in school. Without the support of tutors and programs, they are not going to make it like the average student.

So it's almost like they want KT out, period. And set up the chance for a come back, knowing that he will failed, so not UH's fault.

Yes, UH is not the bad guy here. But still..Some guys only got football as a positive thing, or nothing else in life.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

So, what's the story on this? Is Jahlani Tavai going to practice starting summer session?

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

well he's been at all the past public events like the downtown rally and whatever was right before that too

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Neighbor wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:12 pm well he's been at all the past public events like the downtown rally and whatever was right before that too
Yeah, I think the reason no update has been given is because the staff didn't think it was big enough a deal to even acknowledge. We might hear more from Rolo on Wednesday though.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

J-Rod wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:16 pm
Neighbor wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:12 pm well he's been at all the past public events like the downtown rally and whatever was right before that too
Yeah, I think the reason no update has been given is because the staff didn't think it was big enough a deal to even acknowledge. We might hear more from Rolo on Wednesday though.
Thanks for the update guys. He's one of the few guys I follow on defense. Used to follow Henderson last year as well and hated when he got robbed on a pass interference call on a highlight play for the season.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I saw the video too of the downtown rally. I was a bit surprise that JT was in the background. If this never happened, he would be the face of the UH Football for this year.