Longest offseason ever - random UHFB chat thread

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Longest offseason ever - random UHFB chat thread

Post by My3Cats »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:33 pm Interesting. Athons has Cole McDonald ranked #125 for D1 QBs. #2 Tua T., #5 Milton, #29 Jordan Ta'amu..I didn't go through the whole list. They ranked 130 starting QBs. Too tired to check it all out. They have a short write-up about each QB. Guess who's at #77... haha..go look. SURPRISE!

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... kings-2018
Good find. #77 still has to compete with the returnees from spring practice. Wish him luck and once a Warrior, always a Warrior.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Also #77 still did not graduate
Incoming Oklahoma State quarterback Dru Brown would be in Stillwater, Okla., if he could.

The former Hawaii signal-caller must wait to finish his degree, however, with two months of classes still hanging over his transfer.

The wait isn’t ideal, but Brown is doing everything he can to be ready when he arrives at Oklahoma State in late July, according to The Oklahoman’s Scott Wright.
Nothing will be easy on Brown, who will have a shorter time frame to prove himself as Oklahoma State’s starter.
Senior quarterback Taylor Cornelius has a major advantage to replace Mason Rudolph as a veteran in Oklahoma State’s program. Incoming freshman Spencer Sanders also expects to compete for the starting job as one of the top high school quarterback prospects in the 2018 recruiting class.

Nothing will be easy on Brown, who will have a shorter time frame to prove himself as Oklahoma State’s starter.
https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma-state ... nce-tested

Also
Coach Mike Gundy has said he won’t be afraid to start a freshman, something he’s done before.
https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma-state ... homa-state

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:30 pm Also #77 still did not graduate
Incoming Oklahoma State quarterback Dru Brown would be in Stillwater, Okla., if he could.

The former Hawaii signal-caller must wait to finish his degree, however, with two months of classes still hanging over his transfer.

The wait isn’t ideal, but Brown is doing everything he can to be ready when he arrives at Oklahoma State in late July, according to The Oklahoman’s Scott Wright.
Senior quarterback Taylor Cornelius has a major advantage to replace Mason Rudolph as a veteran in Oklahoma State’s program. Incoming freshman Spencer Sanders also expects to compete for the starting job as one of the top high school quarterback prospects in the 2018 recruiting class.

https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma-state ... nce-tested

Also
Coach Mike Gundy has said he won’t be afraid to start a freshman, something he’s done before.
https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma-state ... homa-state
I don't think he'll start for the Cowboys.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

#77 just wanted to be closer to home for his last season. :-
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I had such high hopes for Dru after the 2016 Hawaii Bowl. I really thought he had made the leap and could be something special... and then last season happened. I know there were problems on the o-line and the play calling was super conservative, but he just didn't seem to have that same spark that he had the year before. The guy who threw that game winning TD against AFA seemed like he followed Marcus Kemp out of town. I thought the fans were really unfair to him and overly harsh, but I was also disappointed with how he played. When it came out that he was transferring, I was relieved. Everyone needed a fresh start - Dru, the team, the fans... the stink of 2017 would have followed him into this coming season and people would be calling for him to be benched as soon as he slipped up any. With a new offense and a new QB, maybe people will have better perspective. it sucks that it worked out the way it did, but it is what it is. I hope he follows the tradition of QB's doing really well after they leave UH, however.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

He goes there he is #77. If he stays he is #125. So desu ka.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: