Oregon State violates NCAA rules for sending recruiting materials to UH players

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Re: Oregon State recruiting UH players?

Post by BigWave96744 »

stranger808 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:55 am Legi Suianoa and Kefense Hynson got pooched to the OSU coaching staff. They better not be behind this! Anyone on social media? retweet Rolo's tweet to the NCAA. Mistake, my okole!!!! If it's an "accident" let the NCAA figure it out.
Some other Hawaii ties
A 3rd former UH coach, Jake Cookus, also coaching at OSU

Former Warrior Kendrick Van Ackeran, who left after his RSFrosh season under Norm Chow, is an OSU GA.

Oh and finally, HC Jonathan Smith was the OSU QB in the 1999 Oahu Bowl that Hawaii won

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This is the making of a great game in 2019 UH vs. OSU. Gotta feel good about Henderson, Dejon Allen, and soon to be Tavai who have stuck with the program and built this program into what it is today. The live Aloha, play Warrior is just another way of saying what some other teams have been saying about their teams like the 49ers talk about "winning with class." You gotta be a fool to feel good about a school that blatantly sent recruiting documents to UH. Either the coaching staff at Oregon State is stupid or they are so hard up for players to make a push in the PAC-12. In either case, I feel sorry for all the kids that try to battle in the PAC-12 for OSU. Of course OSU says it was "unintentional" which in my mind says we got caught but this is the nicest way we can say it.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

OSU got caught with their hands stuck in the cookie jar yet will get off scot-free, but UH will probably get slapped down by the NCAA for whistleblowing and handed down a 5 game suspension for Rolo. Sucks being a have-not in college football.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

My3Cats wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:39 pm OSU got caught with their hands stuck in the cookie jar yet will get off scot-free, but UH will probably get slapped down by the NCAA for whistleblowing and handed down a 5 game suspension for Rolo. Sucks being a have-not in college football.
The unauthorized use of tweeter for reporting NCAA rules violations has a mandatory 5 game suspension to be served 1 game every year for 5 years, or 5 consecutive games in one year, or forfeit annual spring game for 10 years starting in year 5 from the date of the tweet. They're pretty flexible in their punishment.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

stranger808 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:18 pm
My3Cats wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:39 pm OSU got caught with their hands stuck in the cookie jar yet will get off scot-free, but UH will probably get slapped down by the NCAA for whistleblowing and handed down a 5 game suspension for Rolo. Sucks being a have-not in college football.
The unauthorized use of tweeter for reporting NCAA rules violations has a mandatory 5 game suspension to be served 1 game every year for 5 years, or 5 consecutive games in one year, or forfeit annual spring game for 10 years starting in year 5 from the date of the tweet. They're pretty flexible in their punishment.
Is there a reference to the 5 game suspension for using Twitter? Can't find it anywhere in the news. If this is true then UH should appeal this on Rolo's behalf.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:29 am
Is there a reference to the 5 game suspension for using Twitter? Can't find it anywhere in the news. If this is true then UH should appeal this on Rolo's behalf.
Hey shrek, if you really believe what stranger said, then I've got an inter-island super ferry with full State approvals and 100% community commitment to sell you. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

My3Cats wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:04 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:29 am

Hey shrek, if you really believe what stranger said, then I've got an inter-island super ferry with full State approvals and 100% community commitment to sell you. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

Sorry Shrek, that was my lame attempt at humor. lol

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

This is like the Space Shuttle. Way over my head.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Oregon State said today it is in the process of submitting a secondary violation notice to the NCAA over mailings sent to University of Hawaii football players.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/05/1 ... l-players/

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Clerical error is about as lame as a computer glitch.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

But that OSU clerk who input the names into their computer had to have gotten those names and addresses from someone. They just don't appear out of thin air. Bogus and weak response.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

OSU just signed 1 of our men's basketball assistant coach, Marlon Stewart. The buggas must think UH is their personal farm system.

uhwarriors

Re: Oregon State violates NCAA rules for sending recruiting materials to UH players

Post by uhwarriors »

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/07/2 ... h-players/
The Oregon State football program was hit with a secondary violation by the NCAA Friday for sending recruiting material to current University of Hawaii players, Oregon media outlets reported.

UH football coach Nick Rolovich tweeted his displeasure in May when the materials, including invitations to OSU’s spring game, showed up on campus addressed to Rainbow Warrior players. Rolovich posted photos of the mailings with a player’s name redacted. Rolovich hash-tagged it “#leakydam #sloppybeavers.”

NCAA rules do not permit schools to send recruiting material to players who have already signed with or are enrolled at another institution.

ADVERTISING

UH plays Oregon State in 2019.

OSU said it self-reported the violation to the NCAA following Rolovich’s tweet, which had gained nationwide attention. A subsequent investigation by OSU found “the mailer sent to the University of Hawaii program was a clerical error,” a spokesman told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser.

The NCAA’s action prohibits the Beavers from recruiting the unnamed player in the event he at some point chooses to leave UH.

“We initiated a self-report to the NCAA once we learned the inadvertent mistake was made,” Oregon State associate athletic director of communications Steve Fenk said in a statement to the Oregonian newspaper in Portland. “We admit and understand that what we did was an unintentional violation. The punishment fits. We didn’t try to do anything covert. It was an honest mistake that we took responsibility for.”

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Oregon State violates NCAA rules for sending recruiting materials to UH players

Post by RedZone »

Their only punishment is that they can’t recruit the players that they tried to recruit at UH. It should be that the won’t be able to recruit anyone from UH.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

So much for punishment. That's weaker than a slap on the wrist. I'm surprised that the NCAA didn't slap down Rolo for a 5 game suspension for whistleblowing and/or using Twitter to announce the violation.