shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Tavai and McDonald create excitement for 2018 season

Post by shrek2 »

After reading Tsai's article on Spring Practice, the two interviews of Jahlani Tavai and Cole McDonald is really a turn on for any sports fan. First Jahlani from Tsai's article:

“When you put so much effort into one program and you make such great bonds with the guys, it’s hard to leave,” said Tavai, who will earn a bachelor’s degree in December. “I don’t want to leave Hawaii without a winning season. And, plus, I want to create history. I want the boys to experience history by trying our best to win the Mountain West Conference.”

And Cole:

“No matter who you put beside me, behind me, in front of me, I’m going to compete,” McDonald said. “If you don’t have that mentality, you know, ‘it’s me, I should be starting,’ I don’t know why you’re here. If you can’t compete, if you don’t have that competitive outlook, I don’t think you should play any sport.”

These two guys are competitors and you can sense by their statements that they going into the 2018 season with winning attitudes. This is an exciting start to the 2018 season. This is inspiring.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Tavai and McDonald create excitement for 2018 season

Post by My3Cats »

For the returning players and incoming players . . . Go Warriors! Work hard, play hard.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

Jahlani Tavai is one of my favorite Rainbow Warriors ever. I put him in the same company as Colt Brennan.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

great attitudes by these two.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

gpmcconnell wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:25 pm Jahlani Tavai is one of my favorite Rainbow Warriors ever. I put him in the same company as Colt Brennan.
I get what you are saying, but Tavai is 10X tougher than Brennan. Brennan never knew anything other than success (at UH). When things go well, Brennan is at his best. When things go bad, Brennan gets dejected.

Tavai seen good and (mostly) bad times at UH. To still have that positive attitude, is a credit to his character, as a man, as a person, as a player. Ok, that's the press. How Tavai treated (responded) to Brown leaving was class act.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:54 am Tavai seen good and (mostly) bad times at UH. To still have that positive attitude, is a credit to his character, as a man, as a person, as a player.
To add to this the Tavai brothers were at the UH baseball game in the early part of the season. Shows school spirit as well as wholesome activities for the Tavai brothers. OT but also saw June Jones in the press box during UH baseball. Agree with your assessment of Jahlani! Good one.