Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Message
Author
User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21500
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm
MLB: Yankees
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Dolphins

Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#1 Post by BigWave96744 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:14 pm

Who is on the fence?
Who do we have a chance, now that we got a full coaching staff?
What positions still need to be addressed?

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11860
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NBA: Rockets/Grizzlies
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#2 Post by Irse » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:26 am

I believe Tsai said we are looking to sign 8 in Feb., I would like to see 3 OL, 2 WR, 1 DB (McConico), 1 DT and keep one for someone who may fall through the cracks or maybe a late qualifier.
Image

go bows
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#3 Post by go bows » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:32 am

What about some OIA recruits? Rolo has not landed one in 1.5 classes?

Disturbing.

User avatar
My3Cats
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:36 am
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#4 Post by My3Cats » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Kinda slim pickings remaining from the OIA this year. Aaron Faumui from Kapolei appears to be the only OIA player within the top 10 remaining as uncommitted.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

User avatar
stranger808
Play Maker
Play Maker
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:33 am
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Lakers

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#5 Post by stranger808 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Mainly olineman will be the targets.

User avatar
uhwarriors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10043
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Honolulu

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#6 Post by uhwarriors » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:31 am

These are some of the recruits we're in contention for.

JC
WR Arthur Jackson (American River College, Sacramento, CA) – a very dangerous receiver. On OV 1/19-21
WR Michael Thompson (Modesto JC, Modesto, CA) – 6-4 WR. California JC triple jump champion. On OV 1/19-21.
S Manase Time (Golden West College, Huntington Beach, CA)
OL Alex Dalpe (Long Beach City College) – On OV 1/19-21. 3 to play 3.

High School
C/G Solo Vaipulu (Centennial HS, Corona, CA) – Played in Polynesian Bowl. Will be back for his OV 1/26-28.
DT Aaron Faumui (Kapolei) – highest rated uncommitted DL recruit from Hawaii.
OL Alama Uluave (Punahou) – highest rated uncommitted OL recruit from Hawaii.
S Jovan McConcio (Garfield HS, Seattle, WA)
OT Thomas Wade (San Clemente HS, San Clemente, CA) – On OV 1/19-21
LB Darien Butler (Narbonne HS, CA)

Also don’t be surprised if there’s a Power 5 OL transfer signed.

User avatar
stranger808
Play Maker
Play Maker
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:33 am
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Lakers

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#7 Post by stranger808 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:40 am

uhwarriors wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:31 am
These are some of the recruits we're in contention for.

JC
WR Arthur Jackson (American River College, Sacramento, CA) – a very dangerous receiver. On OV 1/19-21
WR Michael Thompson (Modesto JC, Modesto, CA) – 6-4 WR. California JC triple jump champion. On OV 1/19-21.
S Manase Time (Golden West College, Huntington Beach, CA)
OL Alex Dalpe (Long Beach City College) – On OV 1/19-21. 3 to play 3.

High School
C/G Solo Vaipulu (Centennial HS, Corona, CA) – Played in Polynesian Bowl. Will be back for his OV 1/26-28.
DT Aaron Faumui (Kapolei) – highest rated uncommitted DL recruit from Hawaii.
OL Alama Uluave (Punahou) – highest rated uncommitted OL recruit from Hawaii.
S Jovan McConcio (Garfield HS, Seattle, WA)
OT Thomas Wade (San Clemente HS, San Clemente, CA) – On OV 1/19-21
LB Darien Butler (Narbonne HS, CA)

Also don’t be surprised if there’s a Power 5 OL transfer signed.
Dang, u are the man, uhwarriors :D

User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21500
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm
MLB: Yankees
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Dolphins

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#8 Post by BigWave96744 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Mahalo UHWarriors

User avatar
My3Cats
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:36 am
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#9 Post by My3Cats » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:19 pm

uhwarriors - thank you, thank you, thank you!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

User avatar
uhwarriors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10043
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Honolulu

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#10 Post by uhwarriors » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:40 am

Updates:

OL Alama Uluave - is a longshot at best according to a reliable source
WR Jonah Panoke - forgot to include him on the previous list

JC OL Gene Pryor, 6-3, 305, College of Sequioas - will be on OV 1/26-28
JC OL Ernest Moore, 6-8, 305, CC of San Fransisco - has been offered

User avatar
gpmcconnell
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#11 Post by gpmcconnell » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:59 pm

I would love to see them grab 1 JC WR and 1 High School WR

User avatar
gpmcconnell
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#12 Post by gpmcconnell » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Any idea who the Power 5 OL transfer could be?

User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21500
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm
MLB: Yankees
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Dolphins

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#13 Post by BigWave96744 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:23 pm

gpmcconnell wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm
Any idea who the Power 5 OL transfer could be?
These guys are transferring
Kevin Federal, Ohio St grad transfer, 2 to play 2
Offensive tackle Kevin Feder has decided to move on. The 6-foot-9 and 305-pound Feder posted the news on Twitter on Thursday morning.
https://247sports.com/Bolt/Ohio-State-B ... -113559003

Ole Miss Senior OLINE can freely transfer & play immediately

Code: Select all

50	Sean Rawlings	OL	6-5/294	JR-2L	Madison, Miss./Madison Ridgeland Academy
70	Jordan Sims	OL	6-4/330	JR-2L	Homewood, Ala./Homewood
79	Javon Patterson	OL	6-3/314	JR-2L	Petal, Miss./Petal
	

User avatar
uhwarriors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10043
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Honolulu

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#14 Post by uhwarriors » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:52 pm

BigWave96744 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:23 pm
gpmcconnell wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm
Any idea who the Power 5 OL transfer could be?
These guys are transferring
Kevin Federal, Ohio St grad transfer, 2 to play 2
Offensive tackle Kevin Feder has decided to move on. The 6-foot-9 and 305-pound Feder posted the news on Twitter on Thursday morning.
https://247sports.com/Bolt/Ohio-State-B ... -113559003

Ole Miss Senior OLINE can freely transfer & play immediately

Code: Select all

50	Sean Rawlings	OL	6-5/294	JR-2L	Madison, Miss./Madison Ridgeland Academy
70	Jordan Sims	OL	6-4/330	JR-2L	Homewood, Ala./Homewood
79	Javon Patterson	OL	6-3/314	JR-2L	Petal, Miss./Petal
	
There's probably over 10 OL from Power 5 schools who are grad transfers, many of them who started or were in the rotation. UH knows about all of them, but I don't know if we've offered or are tripping any of them.

User avatar
uhwarriors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10043
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Honolulu

Re: Who are we looking at to sign in Feb

#15 Post by uhwarriors » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:19 am

Updates. WRs Jackson and Thompson have committed to Eastern Michigan. OT Wade committed to Hawaii. Also updated previous verbal commitments of S McConico and WR Panoke to Hawaii.

JC
WR Arthur Jackson (American River College, Sacramento, CA) – a very dangerous receiver. OV 1/19-21 (COMMITTED TO EASTERN MICHIGAN)
WR Michael Thompson (Modesto JC, Modesto, CA) – 6-4 WR. California JC triple jump champion. OV 1/19-21. (COMMITTED TO EASTERN MICHIGAN)
S Manase Time (Golden West College, Huntington Beach, CA)
OL Alex Dalpe (Long Beach City College) – On OV 1/19-21. 3 to play 3.
JC OL Gene Pryor, 6-3, 305, College of Sequioas - will be on OV 1/26-28
JC OL Ernest Moore, 6-8, 305, CC of San Fransisco - has been offered


High School
C/G Solo Vaipulu (Centennial HS, Corona, CA) – Played in Polynesian Bowl. Will be back for his OV 1/26-28.
DT Aaron Faumui (Kapolei) – highest rated uncommitted DL recruit from Hawaii. OV to Virginia 1/26-28.
OL Alama Uluave (Punahou) – highest rated uncommitted OL recruit from Hawaii. Longshot at best.
S Jovan McConico (Garfield HS, Seattle, WA) (COMMITTED TO HAWAII)
OT Thomas Wade (San Clemente HS, San Clemente, CA) – On OV 1/19-21 (COMMITTED TO HAWAII)
LB Darien Butler (Narbonne HS, CA) On OV to Arizona State 1/26.
WR Jonah Panoke (St. Louis) (COMMITTED TO HAWAII)


Also don’t be surprised if there’s a Power 5 OL transfer signed.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], honu888, Majestic-12 [Bot], ubercow, wyokie and 82 guests