Ricky Logo is DL Coach

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Ricky Logo is DL Coach

Post by uhwarriors »

Logo spent the past three years at Colorado State as defensive line coach, helping lead the Rams to three bowl appearances. Prior to that, he coached the defensive line at Houston (2012-14), Furman (2011), Vanderbilt (2007-10), Troy (2002-06), Western Carolina (2002), and UT Chattanooga (1995-2001) during his 23-year coaching career.

At Troy, he coached a pair of NFL All-Pro linemen – Osi Umenyiora of the New York Giants and Demarcus Ware of the Dallas Cowboys – and also served as co-defensive coordinator for two seasons before leaving for Vanderbilt. Logo has been a part of 11 bowl teams – seven as an assistant coach and four as a player at North Carolina State, where he was a third-team All-American as a senior.

The Logo File
Hometown: Santa Ana, Calif.
Education: North Carolina State, Bachelor's in Sociology (1992)

Coaching Experience
2015-17: Colorado State (Defensive Line)
2012-14: Houston (Defensive Line)
2011: Furman (Defensive Line)
2007-10: Vanderbilt (Defensive Line)
2005-06: Troy (Co-Defensive Coordinator, Defensive Line)
2002-04: Troy (Defensive Line)
2002: Western Carolina (Assistant Head Coach, Defensive Line)
2001: UT Chattanooga (Defensive Coordinator)
1995-2000: UT Chattanooga (Defensive Line)

BigWave96744

Re: Ricky Logo is DL Coach

Post by BigWave96744 »

Assume his last name is pronouced "Lon-go", just like former Warrior Fataiagogo “Logo” John Fonoti.

Pipeline to Samoa is vital as Kapakahi previously mentioned that the 2019 class there will have some gems

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Don’t know about this one. CSU dline was really bad. Defense was bad. DC retired and HC let go all of the defensive staff including Logo. I’ll just have to see how it goes. I am hoping for the best.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Like his experience. Hope he can improve the DLine
ImageImage

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

RedZone wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:50 pm Don’t know about this one. CSU dline was really bad. Defense was bad. DC retired and HC let go all of the defensive staff including Logo. I’ll just have to see how it goes. I am hoping for the best.
CSU's defense is always bad, no matter who is coaching it. Even when they shelled out all that money for Tyson Summers, they were still trash.

Like BigWave said, needed to keep that Samoa pipeline open. Finding hidden gems is next to impossible in today's recruiting age of social media and all that. Guys like Blessman Taala are as close as it gets to hidden gems. Need to make sure we're still a factor out there.

How about all these new coaches? Feels like a brand new regime.