Completing the Coaching Assistant Hires

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Completing the Coaching Assistant Hires

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Rolo hired Corey Batoon as DC. Sweet. Welcome back home, Corey!
Rolo hired Mark Banker as AHC and LB Coach. Nice. Welcome back to Hawaii, Mark!
How does the rest of the remaining hires play out?
OL, DL, WR? Or move Craig Stutzmann to OC/WR and open up a QB coaching position?

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Completing the Coaching Assistant Hires

Post by gpmcconnell »

My guess is Billy Stutz will be named WR coach

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

I am hoping for pleasant surprises.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

gpmcconnell wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:07 pm My guess is Billy Stutz will be named WR coach
My guess
BRS GA
Timmy Chang QB
Ashley Lelie WR
Alex Gerke Oline
Brian Smith RB
Craig Stutzmann OC

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I'm watching for who'll be OC.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Potential replacement wish list:

QB Vince Passas or Timmy Chang
DL Tony Tuioti
OL John Estes
GA WR Billy Ray Stutzmann

Adjust the existing Assistant Coaching Staff to:
OC /WR Craig Stutzmann
Associate HC / OL /RB Brian Smith

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I think that Brian Smith will still be our OC. On offense just need better execution and more playmakers at the skill positions. We should have more than one quarterback ready to go at any time. Other teams can. Why can’t we?

Like our new hires so far but the key will be on who our online and dline coaches will be. We need to fix that ASAP.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

An online coach I really enjoyed watching while he was here was Dennis McKnight. He will get after players and have them move their butts. At the same time the Sun God Did a really nice job with our dline.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Unless Stutz1 is moved to OC, then it's still Brian Smith and Stutz will groom Cordeiro & Moussa
After returning to Hawaii at the end of the week, Rolovich is expected to fill the final three slots on his coaching staff — at offensive line, defensive line and receivers
http://www.hawaiiwarriorworld.com/footb ... h-classes/

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

gpmcconnell wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:07 pm My guess is Billy Stutz will be named WR coach
Unless something has changed since I talked to a source several weeks ago, Billy Ray Stutzman will be a GA.
BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:13 pm Unless Stutz1 is moved to OC, then it's still Brian Smith and Stutz will groom Cordeiro & Moussa
After returning to Hawaii at the end of the week, Rolovich is expected to fill the final three slots on his coaching staff — at offensive line, defensive line and receivers
http://www.hawaiiwarriorworld.com/footb ... h-classes/
Rolo has been more involved with the offense and QBs than most realize. And he will be much more involved this year than the first two seasons.

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

Rolo was calling the play at the end of the season. I would expect him to continue that this season with Smith having the OC title.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Words of wisdom for Rolo https://twitter.com/zach_barnett/status/950370825038893056 https://twitter.com/zach_barnett/status/950391180235280384

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

The biggest remaining missing piece of the puzzle, IMO is making the adjustments to accommodate a new QB Coaching hire. It was pretty obvious Dru did not improve in his development this past season, but was it because of the injuries to the OLine that caused this or lack of QB coaching development for all the QB's?

Not knocking on Stutz1, but perhaps he could serve the team better by taking on the OC position while mentoring Stutz2 with the WR's. Move the Assistants and adjust their responsibilities to where they can be the most successful.

It was also evident that Rolo did not have confidence in his QB back ups either, from their lack of meaningful playing time.

With Rolo being a first time HC, he shouldn't try to do double duty as a QB coach at the same time, he should hire a competent QB coach with the new 10th Assistant position and focus on being the best HC he can be.

Ron Lee or Vince Passas could certainly get us back to a high yardage passing team again, and think about the possibilities with having Chevan working with a familiar coach. Timmy Chang would probably consider coming home and serving as QB coach. Lots of options for Rolo.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:29 pm The biggest remaining missing piece of the puzzle, IMO is making the adjustments to accommodate a new QB Coaching hire. It was pretty obvious Dru did not improve in his development this past season, but was it because of the injuries to the OLine that caused this or lack of QB coaching development for all the QB's?

Not knocking on Stutz1, but perhaps he could serve the team better by taking on the OC position while mentoring Stutz2 with the WR's. Move the Assistants and adjust their responsibilities to where they can be the most successful.

It was also evident that Rolo did not have confidence in his QB back ups either, from their lack of meaningful playing time.

With Rolo being a first time HC, he shouldn't try to do double duty as a QB coach at the same time, he should hire a competent QB coach with the new 10th Assistant position and focus on being the best HC he can be.

Ron Lee or Vince Passas could certainly get us back to a high yardage passing team again, and think about the possibilities with having Chevan working with a familiar coach. Timmy Chang would probably consider coming home and serving as QB coach. Lots of options for Rolo.
Totally agree and thus why I'm shocked he's hiring a WR coach instead of a QB coach.
Rolo has had Dru for 2 years and didn't improve a bit. In fact in 2 years, no QB got better.

June could be HC and OC since he had Dan Morrison coaching the QBs.

Rolo is still too young of a HC to be HC/OC/QB

We have 2 gems coming out of HS at the QB position. Hate to see their talent not being coached up, like how Aaron Zwalen wasn't coached up and left in the hands of GA

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

It's Friday. No announcements yet. Monday is a holiday. Does this mean that the earliest date for any announcement is Tuesday?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.