*True Sports Fan*

Corey Batoon is the new DC

Post by J-Rod »

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Corey Batoon is the new DC

Post by honu888 »

Welcome Home! Wishing you all the best in guiding our defense back to it’s full potential. Looking forward to next season!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

nice coming from a winning team, wasn't the dc there but hope it translates

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Very nice work background and experience. Welcome to the Warrior Ohana!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Welcome home Corey!!!
Rolo's best hire to date. I like him better than Lempa. Wonder if he will bring Vavae Tata to coach the LBs.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Looks like a great new additional to the staff whose a great fit. It's a step up in responsibilities and salary for him. He made $120K as the co-DC and ST and Safeties coach. I'm sure he's getting more here.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Alright we got our DC. I hope he can help Rolo find a lb coach. We need a dline coach too.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

proven coach from a winning program with a lot of experience and ties to Hawaii and St. Louis School. I like it...

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Looks like a good hire. Welcome Corey.
ImageImage

go bows
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by go bows »

Good hire on paper. Another St. Louis coach?

My biggest takeaway is that hopefully, he can bring recruits from Florida and Mississippi to run the 4-2-5. According to information from other sources, the scheme is predicated on undersized faster players. Supposedly effective against spreads.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Batoon bombed at Ole'Miss. The fans couldn't wait for him to leave. Got relieved of on-field coaching duties, he did better at FAU, his DB's led nation in picks. I'm expecting a Thom Kaumeyer/Legi level of frustration with a Batoon D.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:16 am Batoon bombed at Ole'Miss. The fans couldn't wait for him to leave. Got relieved of on-field coaching duties, he did better at FAU, his DB's led nation in picks. I'm expecting a Thom Kaumeyer/Legi level of frustration with a Batoon D.
I would give him some. How many DCs have these guys had in the last few years. I don't think there is a defensive player who had one DC for two years in a row. It takes time to learn a new D. IIRC, fans were frustrated with Aranda his first year. He had to simplify his D some so the guys could react and not think.
ImageImage

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Irse wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:36 pm
stranger808 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:16 am Batoon bombed at Ole'Miss. The fans couldn't wait for him to leave. Got relieved of on-field coaching duties, he did better at FAU, his DB's led nation in picks. I'm expecting a Thom Kaumeyer/Legi level of frustration with a Batoon D.
I would give him some. How many DCs have these guys had in the last few years. I don't think there is a defensive player who had one DC for two years in a row. It takes time to learn a new D. IIRC, fans were frustrated with Aranda his first year. He had to simplify his D some so the guys could react and not think.
Yeah and I'd like to think Lane Kiffan knows what a good coach is. Kiffan would't have brough him to FAU and made him Co-DC if he didn't think Batoon wasn't a good coach.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

Irse wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:36 pm
Im not one of them. I thought he did great, especially against the triple option teams. That 4-4 Aranda employed was a thing of beauty.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

Aranda was named DC in 2010, we were 10-4 that year. I don't think many "fans were frustrated with Aranda his first year"

"Dave Aranda made quite a first impression in his inaugural season as defensive coordinator in 2010.

UH’s defense came up big last season, helping the team win nine of its final 10 regular season games. During the nine wins, the defense allowed 16.1 points and 272.7 yards per game and forced 28 turnovers while allowing only 2.4 yards per rush and 4.0 yards of total offense per play.

The Warriors led the nation in turnovers caused (38) and tied a school record for most defensive touchdowns (5)."