All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: Corey Batoon is the new DC

Post by stranger808 »

uhwarriors wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:06 pm
Irse wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:36 pm
stranger808 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:16 am Batoon bombed at Ole'Miss. The fans couldn't wait for him to leave. Got relieved of on-field coaching duties, he did better at FAU, his DB's led nation in picks. I'm expecting a Thom Kaumeyer/Legi level of frustration with a Batoon D.
I would give him some. How many DCs have these guys had in the last few years. I don't think there is a defensive player who had one DC for two years in a row. It takes time to learn a new D. IIRC, fans were frustrated with Aranda his first year. He had to simplify his D some so the guys could react and not think.
Yeah and I'd like to think Lane Kiffan knows what a good coach is. Kiffan would't have brough him to FAU and made him Co-DC if he didn't think Batoon wasn't a good coach.

Yup, like what I posted.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I would wait and see on Batoon's evaluation because in the first half the line was getting really good push and stunting to create quarterback hurries at CSU. At any of the SEC schools, they will burn your house down if they really hate you because they take their football serious down south. Legi came from an FCS school and was given a chance with a FBS school and in my eyes he failed. One thing we seem to be missing every year is athletic secondary but I like the fact that its a young secondary and will develop with the exception of the JC players who will be graduating.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

The defense seemed to have no clue when CSU started to dial up their passing game. All of a sudden there was almost no pass rush and the secondary became Pop Tarts in the toaster. I hope that Batoon can correct things next time they play a passing team. After scheming for Navy next week of course.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

no adjustment when the CSU O went vertical. Poor tackling by the secondary. The DBs do not wrap up.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

This coming week will be a big test. we'll see what types of adjustments he makes. Wouldn't mnd seeing a 4-4-3 or 5-3-3
ImageImage

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Guys...Colorado State did that to everyone last year in all games not played in a blizzard. They dropped 52 on a Boise State team that embarrassed SDSU and Oregon's offenses. Give Batoon a break, it's no stretch of the imagination to say that was the best offense they'll see all season.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

I thought his play calling was very conservative yesterday. Multiple 4 man rushes with no pressure dropping everybody and there mama into coverage. The defense definitely missed Jahlani Tavai, some pretty bad tackling by the LB's and defense overall. Too many times I've seen defenders just standing there WATCHING the pass being completed, make a damn play on the ball. Navy gonna run all over this defense if they don't clean up their tackling.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

The defense played really good early on. I knew that the second half would be tough. They tackled better in the 1st half then I thought they just ran out of gas in the 2nd half. It got really tougher for them with the fumble and offense not being as efficient as they were in the 1st half. Players seemed to be in position but could not make the tackle. Their receivers just ran past our dbs who obviously had tired legs as they had been able to stay with them earlier. Our dbs were getting pushed a lot by their receivers. Refs just let it go. Our players were getting grabbed a lot still just a few calls. Some of our dlinemen were getting tackled. Dayton had his facemask grabbed as he was being tackled. No call. I think Jahlani would have made a difference as it seems that 33 still needs more PT to get more experience at this level. I know that people are happy with the R&S and I am in a way too but this type of offense will put a lot of pressure on our defense. It has always been that way. Even when June was here. The idea is to beat your opponents by out scoring them. You will have to score. I am just happy that we have a quarterback. Our oline played way better than I thought they would. We have a lot of weapons on offense. Our defense is in rebuilding mode. But our coaches now have a lot of game film to analyze. The next few games will tell where this program is going. So far I actually like what I see. Beating Colorado State at their house is a huge win.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Consider:
- No Jahlani Tavai (1 game)
- No Jeremiah Pritchard (???)
- No Justus Tavai (???)
- 3 starters from last year bailed (Moala, Lewis, Santiago)
- Colorado High Altitude
- Last year CSU dropped 6 TDS in their first 7 possession.
- Last time we won there was in 1992

A lot of mistakes are correctable. I think the defense has big upsides for the season and upcoming years

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:29 am Consider:
- No Justus Tavai (???)
- Colorado High Altitude

A lot of mistakes are correctable. I think the defense has big upsides for the season and upcoming years
I think we'll end with a very good D.
ImageImage

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

RedZone wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:59 am The defense played really good early on. I knew that the second half would be tough. They tackled better in the 1st half then I thought they just ran out of gas in the 2nd half. It got really tougher for them with the fumble and offense not being as efficient as they were in the 1st half. Players seemed to be in position but could not make the tackle. Their receivers just ran past our dbs who obviously had tired legs as they had been able to stay with them earlier. Our dbs were getting pushed a lot by their receivers. Refs just let it go. Our players were getting grabbed a lot still just a few calls. Some of our dlinemen were getting tackled. Dayton had his facemask grabbed as he was being tackled. No call. I think Jahlani would have made a difference as it seems that 33 still needs more PT to get more experience at this level. I know that people are happy with the R&S and I am in a way too but this type of offense will put a lot of pressure on our defense. It has always been that way. Even when June was here. The idea is to beat your opponents by out scoring them. You will have to score. I am just happy that we have a quarterback. Our oline played way better than I thought they would. We have a lot of weapons on offense. Our defense is in rebuilding mode. But our coaches now have a lot of game film to analyze. The next few games will tell where this program is going. So far I actually like what I see. Beating Colorado State at their house is a huge win.
10000% agree.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:29 am Consider:
- No Justus Tavai (???)
- Colorado High Altitude

I am surprised with the absence of Pritchard too. I can only think that the coaches are preparing Pavihi to be Jahlani’s replacement when he leaves. But I expect that we could be seeing more of Jeremiah in the next game.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Not to forget as well, their physical wide receivers were pushing off on the defensive backs just at the right moment and only after the referees were asked to look for #11 doing that, he gets called for a questionable call when he had more blatant push offs. Also, there were two facemasks with Furuta and Ursua that was not called.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

I was never for Batoon.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.