QB Chevan Cordeiro Signs LOI

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Warriors receive commitment from Saint Louis QB

Post by uhwarriors »

Saint Louis School quarterback Chevan Cordeiro has made a verbal commitment to play for the University of Hawaii football team, Crusaders coach Cal Lee confirmed today.
Rest of article:
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2017/05/3 ... -louis-qb/

Saint Louis junior quarterback Chevan Cordeiro posted on his Twitter page Tuesday that he has received his first scholarship offer from Hawaii.

Cordeiro, who is 6 feet and 165 pounds, played in 10 of the Crusaders’ 11 games last season as a backup to starter Tua Tagovailoa. He completed 70 percent (23-for-33) of his passes for 215 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions and also ran for 74 yards and a score.

Cordeiro also played as a sophomore backing up Tagovailoa and threw six touchdowns with no interceptions while completing 81 percent (48-for-59) of his throws. His one start in the last two seasons when Tagovailoa was hurt came in a 28-17 win over ‘Iolani at Aloha Stadium in 2015 when he finished 24-for-31 for 259 yards and a touchdown.

UH has offers out to Hawaii quarterbacks Cordeiro and Punahou’s Stephen Barber in the 2018 class.
http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/football ... aii-offer/

Hawaii News Now video and story:
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/clip/13355 ... -spotlight
Crusaders' Cordeiro ready to step out of Tagovailoa's shadow and into the spotlight
Friday, May 12th 2017, 5:26 pm HST
Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 6:01 pm HST
By Collin Harmon, Sports Anchor
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -
Less than six months since winning the fourth state title in program history, the Saint Louis Crusaders are back to work. However, things are much different now than they were in November.

Tua Tagovailoa would be taking high school finals this month, instead he was already tearing up the Alabama defense.

"Tua has definitely raised the bar for all the quarterbacks that will follow him," said Crusaders quarterbacks coach Vince Passas.

The guy stepping out of the shadows and into the spotlight next season will be senior Chevan Cordeiro.

"I got to learn from the best QB in the state for two years and got to learn the offense," said Cordeiro.

"I told him that, gosh, even Marcus Mariota would have had a hard time getting on the field with Tua there," Passas said.

Saint Louis offensive coordinator Ron Lee has high expectations of his new quarterback, saying he should be the best in the state next season.

Tape on Cordeiro is limited, and so are the college offers. The University of Hawaii was his first just two weeks ago, but you can bet there will be a lot of interest this coming season for the QB that Lee compared to Timmy Chang, but faster, stronger, and throws the ball better at this point.

"There's a lot of pressure on him, especially after Tua, but I'm very impressed with his work ethic and his arm strength," said Lee. "He's exceptionally accurate on the deep ball, so there's a lot of good things that we're excited about."

At Saint Louis, the bar for quarterbacks is raised a bit higher.

"Everybody wants to be the next guy," said Passas. "The guys that have come before them have done a great job from John Hau, to Joe Lane, to Darnell Arceneaux, Jason Gesser, Timmy Chang, Marcus, all them guys. They just want to follow along that lineage of quarterbacks that makes our school so proud."

For Cordeiro, that would mean a fifth state title.

"We have a target on our back and everybody wants to beat us," said Cordeiro. "We just have to train and get better."
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3541 ... aint-louis

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Warriors receive commitment from Saint Louis QB

Post by Irse »

Hope he has a great year and keeps his commitment to UH.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Warriors receive commitment from Saint Louis QB

Post by My3Cats »

First commit for 2018!

:wav:
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: QB Chevan Cordeiro Signs LOI

Post by My3Cats »

Welcome to the Warrior Ohana!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Should be some good battles between Moussa and Cordeiro
ImageImage

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

We got lucky with Cordeiro, he was under the radar. Recruiters go out and hit HS recruits while they're juniors in HS. I'm stoked we got him.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

Irse wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:34 pm Should be some good battles between Moussa and Cordeiro
Agreed! I believe that either one of these guys have the potential of being the starter next season. QB competition will be very interesting.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Need to see how he adjust to whatever offense Rolo is gonna run.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:43 pm Need to see how he adjust to whatever offense Rolo is gonna run.
My guess, when Chevan is ready, more of the Four Wide.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

I just want to make Hawaii great again.
https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/943610435621629952

go bows
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by go bows »

Reminds of Mckenzie.

Day one starter that rolo needs to trust to save his job. Up tempo with a sprinkling of power running.

Thank goodness the kid stayed committed.

ewabeach76
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ewabeach76 »

Once he learns the offense. He will be waaaay better than Dru brown. Already has a better arm and foot work.