DC and WR coach resign! (Discuss replacements)

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: DC and WR coach resign! (Discuss replacements)

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:26 am
RedZone wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:58 am
stranger808 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:36 pm

Lumpkin? I think he's still around. Kurt Gouvia. IDK, I just throwing out names.
I really liked Kurt.
Kurt "Could" have been retained by Rolo, like Abe and Naeole, instead he opted to hire Sean Duggan with 1 year grad assistant experience :-?

Oh and like Rich Miano, we we could afford Kurt so money was not an object
KURT GOUVEIA
TITLE Assistant Coach - Outside Linebackers

Veteran NFL linebacker Kurt Gouveia returns to the University of Hawai‘i football program for his second season as a defensive assistant coach in charge of outside linebackers in 2015.

Gouveia spent 13 seasons in the NFL and holds the distinction of winning a high school championship (O‘ahu Prep Bowl) with Wai‘anae from 1977-78 and 1980, collegiate national championship with Brigham Young in 1984 and Super Bowl with the Washington Redskins in 1987 and ‘91.

Early in 2013, Gouveia was one of seven charter members inducted into the Polynesian Football Hall of Fame and he is also a member of the Hawai‘i Sports Hall of Fame, having been inducted in 2002.

From 2003-04, Gouveia was a student manager at UH under then-head coach June Jones. He then coached overseas for three years in NFL Europe with the Berlin Thunder (2005 and ‘07) and Rhein Fire (2006), during the latter of which serving as co-defensive coordinator. He helped lead both teams to the World Bowl.

Gouveia returned to coaching with Lake Norman High School in 2010 before becoming linebackers and special teams assistant coach with the United Football League’s Sacramento Mountain Lions in 2011. He joined the UFL’s Virginia Destroyers in 2012 and, in 2013, was a coach for the American squad in the National Football League Players Association Collegiate Bowl.

The Wai‘anae, O‘ahu native spent nine of his 13 years in the NFL playing for the Washington Redskins, where he was drafted in the eighth round of the 1986 NFL Draft. The BYU alum also played for the Philadelphia Eagles and San Diego Chargers. He spent one year with the Las Vegas Outlaws of the XFL before retiring.
http://hawaiiathletics.com/coaches.aspx ... h=football
Lempa came because he could bring Duggan. No Duggan, no Lempa.
ImageImage

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Re: DC and WR coach resign! (Discuss replacements)

Post by Old Diver »

stranger808 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:36 pm
RedZone wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:46 pm We really do need a good linebacker coach.
Lumpkin? I think he's still around. Kurt Gouvia. IDK, I just throwing out names.
I see Lumpkin at the gym. He's aged and is slow moving.