*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: 2018 Schedule not looking to promising

Post by wyokie »

J-Rod wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:24 am
BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:37 am Wyoming: since 1993 we are 1-8 vs the Cowboys. You say they will have the worst offense? So did Nevada this year and looked what happened.
Nevada had one of the better offenses in the conference once Gangi and Moore took over at QB and RB. Hawaii caught them in the wrong week. Wyoming minus Allen lost to San Jose State! An offence not even committed by Hawaii this year. Cowboys will be in a lot of low-scoring games next year.
The kid is speaking the truth, BigWave, without Allen we're total crap....unless Bohl gets rid of Vigen!!!! :roll:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Army beats Navy on missed last-second field goal, wins Commander-In-Chief’s Trophy

By Kevin McGuireDec 9, 2017, 6:36 PM EST

Navy (6-6) came within mere feet of avoiding a second-straight loss to Army (9-3), but a last-second field goal fell just shy of crossing the goal post as time expired
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... fs-trophy/

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Rolo said that they never started out coaching hard at the beginning. He said they were going off of the previous year and bowl game win. I'm assuming he will have his coaches recruiting more and coaching hard. They better get the team ready to get hit and hit back harder. I believe Rolo learned his lesson and will turn around the program in a positive manner. Otherwise empty seats abound in the stadium.

I'm hoping he is following in JJ footsteps. JJ second year I believe the record was 3-9. His third year was a winning season at 9-3.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Someone else brought up JJ's second year record of 3-9 in comparison. Bear in mind we had Hyrum Peters, Pisa Tinoisamoa, Ashley Lelie, Nick Rolovich, and Timmy Chang on the roster...among others. Check out this excerpt from 2002 article in the Desert News:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/935 ... story.html
In Jones' first season, in 1999, the Warriors saw immediate results. Dan Robinson, who prepped at American Fork High, threw for more than 4,000 yards as a senior and became the school's all-time leading passer.

One year ago, Nick Rolovich became the starter midway through the year and wound up setting single-game school records for passing yards (543) and touchdowns (8) in Hawaii's 72-45 thumping of BYU in December.

Rolovich is gone, but Jones has another prolific passer in Chang, who already holds several school passing records and probably will claim many more — as long as he can stay healthy. "I've felt for some time that he has the qualities to be a big-time player," Jones said. "He has tremendous vision and a (Dan) Marino-like quickness to his release."

This is Chang's second tour-of-duty as Hawaii's No. 1 quarterback. As a true freshman in 2000, the Honolulu native seized the job from Rolovich, started nine games and threw for more than 3,000 yards. In 2001, Chang racked up 435 yards in the season-opener against Montana, then he injured his wrist in the third game against Rice. Rolovich started the following week against Southern Methodist and Hawaii ended up posting an 8-1 mark the rest of the season.

Chang (who was also recruited by Utah and Washington, among others) healed from the wrist injury and could have returned to action last year. Instead, Jones wisely had Chang apply for a medical redshirt, which was granted.
There was always a lot going on behind the scenes with June Jones's teams. I don't get that sense from Rolovich at all. Instead, the discipline issues with the team and lack of a game plan on D and O leave me underwhelmed and questioning Rolovich's ability to lead.

I hope I am wrong because I want Rolovich to succeed as OUR guy.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

"Experience as a head coach comes with head coaching experience" (My3Cats).

JJ had the luxury (or misfortune) of being the interim head coach at San Diego where he had to put up with Ryan Leaf and other prima donnas of pro football to gain his insight. I'm sure that Rolo will get it sooner than later.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Hopefully cordeiro competes with brown and Quinn is a stud and compliments with ursua. Also having tui unga would be huge. No st juste but tuisoa should be adequate.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »