Will Rolo "Clean House"???

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Will Rolo "Clean House"???

Post by BigWave96744 »

When Rolo was a player, June cleaned house after year 2 and the team followed with 4 straight winning seasons and 3 Bowl games (2001-04)

When Rolo was an OC, Mack cleaned house and followed with a WAC championship. Rolo even had the job of being the bearer of bad news to guys either not invited to fall camp or even recommended they transfer.

Now with year 2 winding down, does Rolo have it in him to clean house on both scholie players and coaches?

It has to happen or his job may be in jeopardy if 2018 is a hana hou of 2017.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Will Rolo "Clean House"???

Post by My3Cats »

I agree with this message. It has to be done.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Aside from firing Rolo, the defense was a sieve and the offense was FCS at best. So, I don't think it was all on the kids and even if it was, why wasn't the coaching staff able to turn them around? So, yeah, absolutely. But I don't know if Rolo has the contacts to get coaches to come to Hawaii.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Yo Bolovich,
If You need help cleaning house just ask, I know you one pack rat who doesn’t know how to let things go, so no worry I get plenty broom and dust pans for help you clean house!!!!

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

He needs to clean house. Get a special teams coordinator that can actually coach. Demo was a great special teams coach. Mayur on the other hand is lucky that the block field goals is saving his job. Stutsmann needs to go also. Get a quarterbacks coach who actually was a quarterback. Not a former wide receiver. Based on his previous coaching experience I have no clue as to why he was hired other than being Rolo's friend.
The OC and DC need to go also. Last year Lempa was that veteran coach who could help the younger coaches. I suggest bringing in veteran coaches in both positions. I'm tired of seeing Rolo hiring ex friends. There are plenty qualified coaches that are willing to work at UH even if the payroll is dismal.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

June Jones is already in the middle of a project. Too bad because he could coach receivers and QB’s.

Kevin Gilbride is retired. Maybe JJ and Mack could come back for a year... and Gilbride could join in.

Three grumpy old men that could get Rolovich over the hump.

Link

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

I don’t think Rolo has an option. That game last night was beyond painful to watch on both sides of the ball. The problem UH has though is that the salary for assistant coaches is so low. Coach Cav would be awesome but I would imagine out of our price range. I like coach Smith and think he is a nice guy but he can’t be our play caller next season.

cabeachbum
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by cabeachbum »

Coach Rolovich should consult with Dick Tomey. I remember coach Tomey relating a story when he was fired as an assistant. The point being that most coaches go through the process, even great coaches. Making staff adjustments will be critical to Hawaii's success as coach Rolovich enters his third year. His future may depend on it. I doubt that the cliché of "rearranging the deck chairs of the Titanic" will be sufficient.

BRADAHMAN
Starter
Starter

Post by BRADAHMAN »

cabeachbum wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:31 am Coach Rolovich should consult with Dick Tomey. I remember coach Tomey relating a story when he was fired as an assistant. The point being that most coaches go through the process, even great coaches. Making staff adjustments will be critical to Hawaii's success as coach Rolovich enters his third year. His future may depend on it. I doubt that the cliché of "rearranging the deck chairs of the Titanic" will be sufficient.
Tomey's son-in-law would be one of the first to go, so I think not.

ulua
All-American
All-American

Post by ulua »

If he is going to make changes he better start now, for recruiting
We really need a new OC/DC/QB/WR/OL/LB/ST/DB, brah we need a lot of coaching changes

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

ulua wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:27 am If he is going to make changes he better start now, for recruiting
We really need a new OC/DC/QB/WR/OL/LB/ST/DB, brah we need a lot of coaching changes
No need DL coach :wink: :lol:

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

By fall camp of 2018, anywhere from 60-70 of the scholarship players will be those offered by Rolo. The remainder will be recruits that committed prior to Rolo being hired, including those that signed on during Rolo's inaugural year but whose scholarship offers were honored by Rolo. Half of these will probably be on the scout team as freshmen and rs-freshmen. The other half should see the field as starters and backups.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

ulua
All-American
All-American

Post by ulua »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:05 pm
ulua wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:27 am If he is going to make changes he better start now, for recruiting
No need DL coach :wink: :lol:
Dam how could I forget about the DL coach? LOL

ulua
All-American
All-American

Post by ulua »

I swear I keep checking the staradvertiser and here to see if any coaches got fired yet...........is that bad? LOL

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

ulua wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:22 pm I swear I keep checking the staradvertiser and here to see if any coaches got fired yet...........is that bad? LOL
It sure doesn’t seem like any of the coaching staff will be terminated. There are few coaches recruiting now but maybe the ones that aren’t out recruiting are back here being evaluated by Rolo. I guess we’ll find out in a weeks time or so.