***** Official BYU vs. Hawaii Game Thread*****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: ***Unofficial BYU pre-game thread***

Post by My3Cats »

Hawaii will be hard pressed to score anything. Maybe Matautia can take another one to the house and avoid the bolohead?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

- 10 year anniversary of the Hawaii Romp led by Rolo and Company
- Hawaii has not beaten BYU since then going 0-3
- Last game of the season
- 2:30pm game on ESPN2
- BYU 41 - Hawaii 20
- Subsequently Rolo's last game as Hawaii's OC
- Next day Coach Mack is fired

- 25 year anniversary of the Hawaii's First WAC championship team led by players who beat BYU 3 out of 4 years
- Hawaii hasn't beaten BYU until 2001, going 0-6
- Last game of the season
- 4 pm game on CBS Sports
- Hawaii ?? - BYU ??
- Most likely last game for Hawaii's OC and other
- Rolo will not be fired but Sitake might

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

BYU, 12-0, coming to Hawaii in pursuit of a #1 ranking
VS
Hawaii 8-3, eventually wins and has no Bowl to go to even with 9 wins.

Hawaii Bowl thus started and Hawaii football goes on a tear becoming bowl eligible in their next 7 of 9 seasons.

From 2002 to 2016 Hawaii has posted a 4-4 Bowl record

From 2001 to 2016 BYU has posted a 7-6 Bowl record, and has been Bowl eligible from 2005 to 2016

Since 2001, this is the first time both team are not going bowling

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

I'll be flying in with the Mark's Place/Contemporary Flavors crew to watch this game.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

38-10, BYU

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

I'll have you guys know that I've never seen UH lose at Aloha Stadium.

2001: vs BYU
2007: vs Fresno State
2013: vs Army
2016: vs UMass

Just sayin'.

:-

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Nisei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:28 pm I'll have you guys know that I've never seen UH lose at Aloha Stadium.

2001: vs BYU
2007: vs Fresno State
2013: vs Army
2016: vs UMass

Just sayin'.

:-
we should fly you to every game next year so we can get that sweet national championship money$$

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Check

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Rewatched the Kahuku vs St Louis championship game. Kahuku has some massive men, I mean young men. The Kahuku offense looks just like Rolo’s offense but better.

St Louis “run and shoot” offense, man I miss the days the Warriors WR ran clean routes, speed burners, juke defenders out of there shoes and can actually catch passes… Since the loss of Ursua, we have a bunch of possession WR’s. Collie has shown flashes that he has what is takes to be a game changer.

Dru Brown has lost his edge, I can’t explain it. Dru sits in the pocket and hands the ball of to Diocemy. Last season Dru would take off running when a play breaks down, now Dru takes sits in the pocket, takes sacks or live to play another down throw aways. The coaching staff turned Dru Brown from a playmaker into a game manager.

It’s no wonder Hawaii lack scoring, the depth chart has a severe drop in talent level due to the negative “Rainbow” effect in recruiting. Then stop Dru Brown from being a playmaker when things breakdown into a game manager and watch the offense stall. Yes, the O-line penalties and playing this run, run, pass, punt play calling doesn’t help either.

I’m afraid that this coaching staff will do what the old Norm Chow coaching staff did and thats take a square peg and try to fit into a round hole. Dru Brown, UCF QB Milton McKenzie and that St Louis QB Chevan Cordeiro are play maker type QB’s, not game managers. They will run the play called and when it break down they improvise with the arm or legs, play makers.

Yes, UCF has Scott Frost as their Head Coach but he also recognized the talent Milton McKenzie as a play maker and let Milton run the play and improvise. Did Milton throw some Interceptions and fumble the ball this season, yes. But UCF is undefeated and putting up points like Hawaii was with June Jones and the play maker QB Colt Brennan.

This BYU game is going to be like the Fresno, San Diego State and Colorado State games if Rolo, Smith and Stutz keep Dru Brown bottled up and game manager or put in McDonald which will limit the play book (Game Manager). If Rainbows play game manager, Run, Run, Pass punt.

BYU 51
Rainbows 17

If Rolo, Stutz, Smith lets Dru Brown be a play maker that he naturally is.

BYU 41
Rainbows 40

Good luck to Diocemy St Juste get that record.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: ***** Official BYU vs. Hawaii Game Thread*****

Post by honu888 »

I'm just glad that this is the last game of the season and we can all move on to rebuilding for next year. Thank you to all the seniors and all their hard work and dedication they put into this program. They deserved a better outcome!

Let's get this win for the Seniors!

UH - 24
BYU - 17

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Win one for the SR. then let the OC/DC and position coach and starting QB rebuild begin

BYWHO 20
UH 21

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:01 am Rewatched the Kahuku vs St Louis championship game. Kahuku has some massive men, I mean young men. The Kahuku offense looks just like Rolo’s offense but better.

St Louis “run and shoot” offense, man I miss the days the Warriors WR ran clean routes, speed burners, juke defenders out of there shoes and can actually catch passes… Since the loss of Ursua, we have a bunch of possession WR’s. Collie has shown flashes that he has what is takes to be a game changer.

Dru Brown has lost his edge, I can’t explain it. Dru sits in the pocket and hands the ball of to Diocemy. Last season Dru would take off running when a play breaks down, now Dru takes sits in the pocket, takes sacks or live to play another down throw aways. The coaching staff turned Dru Brown from a playmaker into a game manager.

It’s no wonder Hawaii lack scoring, the depth chart has a severe drop in talent level due to the negative “Rainbow” effect in recruiting. Then stop Dru Brown from being a playmaker when things breakdown into a game manager and watch the offense stall. Yes, the O-line penalties and playing this run, run, pass, punt play calling doesn’t help either.

I’m afraid that this coaching staff will do what the old Norm Chow coaching staff did and thats take a square peg and try to fit into a round hole. Dru Brown, UCF QB Milton McKenzie and that St Louis QB Chevan Cordeiro are play maker type QB’s, not game managers. They will run the play called and when it break down they improvise with the arm or legs, play makers.

Yes, UCF has Scott Frost as their Head Coach but he also recognized the talent Milton McKenzie as a play maker and let Milton run the play and improvise. Did Milton throw some Interceptions and fumble the ball this season, yes. But UCF is undefeated and putting up points like Hawaii was with June Jones and the play maker QB Colt Brennan.

This BYU game is going to be like the Fresno, San Diego State and Colorado State games if Rolo, Smith and Stutz keep Dru Brown bottled up and game manager or put in McDonald which will limit the play book (Game Manager). If Rainbows play game manager, Run, Run, Pass punt.

BYU 51
Rainbows 17

If Rolo, Stutz, Smith lets Dru Brown be a play maker that he naturally is.

BYU 41
Rainbows 40

Good luck to Diocemy St Juste get that record.
yes sir, I agree! The coaches made Dru stay in the pocket, they tried to make him a pocket passer which he isn't. Now, Dru sits too long in pocket, hesitates to run and gets sacked or makes a panic throw under duress.

In the last game, Utah St. (I didn't see the UNLV or FSU game) the play-calling got better when Rolo took over, but the execution stunk (38-0). I saw counter plays, play action off of the DSJ "dive", I call it a "dive" play because Dru rarely pulls the ball and runs with it. Play action pass on first down etc... Rolo mixed it up way better than Smith. Smith's game plan and play-calling for the SDSU game was pathetic. Overall, when Smith was calling the plays it looked like he didn't trust his players. Coaches always say when someone goes down, "next man up", but the play-calling proved to me they didn't trust the 2nd and sometimes 3rd stringers, never gave them a chance.

I also agree with the "Rainbow" nickname. The bugga gotta go, just go with Warriors, and go back to the all black uniforms Rolo wore in his last game.

UH95
Starter
Starter

Post by UH95 »

0-7...here we go again...

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

The stupid basketball game jamming up the broadcast of the game. grrrrrrr

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

That first drive by BYU was way to easy.