Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: *****OFFICIAL HAWAII VS SDSU GAME THREAD*****

Post by Irse »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:09 am
SundayJam wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:26 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:31 am
I saw that play different. Tavai is a beast for not letting go.

A lot of penney’s stats line is after we were no longer in the game. We move the ball and our D continues to fight for 4 quarters. SDSU’s defense beat us in that game.
We were always in the game. We should have been tied at the half. How can you watch an opposing team amass 250 yards of offense with a single running back against our defense and not acknowledge the fact that our defense lacks fundamentals?
The D gave up in the 4th quarter. Obviously the game was lost on both sides of the ball. Mines was a simple comment on how the game was in reach if we could have moved the ball. Even sub-par D’s of the past, hold up in Aloha Stadium when it counts when we are piling up the points.

I didn’t find Tavai not letting go of Penney to be hilarious. He held on long enough until helped arrived with one hand while being dragged. That was a beast play by both players.
I don't look at it as the D gave up. They looked tired from being on the field too much because of all the three and outs.
ImageImage

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Irse wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:37 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:09 am
SundayJam wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:26 am

We were always in the game. We should have been tied at the half. How can you watch an opposing team amass 250 yards of offense with a single running back against our defense and not acknowledge the fact that our defense lacks fundamentals?
The D gave up in the 4th quarter. Obviously the game was lost on both sides of the ball. Mines was a simple comment on how the game was in reach if we could have moved the ball. Even sub-par D’s of the past, hold up in Aloha Stadium when it counts when we are piling up the points.

I didn’t find Tavai not letting go of Penney to be hilarious. He held on long enough until helped arrived with one hand while being dragged. That was a beast play by both players.
I don't look at it as the D gave up. They looked tired from being on the field too much because of all the three and outs.

I can agree with that. And the super human efforts (Tavai) are not going be there after 3 quarters of watching that offense.

Tavai is a beast.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Offense was flatter than a pancake the whole entire game. The best offensive plays were the two personal fouls against SDSU's defense on that one drive. Warrior defense got worn down and deflated because there was zero offense. I guess that there may not be a successful field goal this year. Can anyone else punt? Can anyone else can the offensive plays? How about Stutz next game? Ursua goes down last game and Unga previously, and no one else can get open over the middle? What's up with all of the sideline out throws that were well short of the 1st down markers on 3rd down? Hey Dru, this isn't basketball - no need throw bounce passes okay?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

I knew I wasn't the only one. Jalani Tavai made the "ESPN C'MON MAN!" Week 8 highlights.
Check about 1 minute in.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:39 am

Link

I knew I wasn't the only one. Jalani Tavai made the "ESPN C'MON MAN!" Week 8 highlights.
Check about 1 minute in.

The only one thinking what? That Tavai shouldn’t have grabbed him? Just let him go and it’s not my fault because I couldn’t get to him in time. That is a stupid loser mentality. Tavai is a beast. And a team leader.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:13 am The only one thinking what? That Tavai shouldn’t have grabbed him? Just let him go and it’s not my fault because I couldn’t get to him in time. That is a stupid loser mentality. Tavai is a beast. And a team leader.
It was hilarious watching Tavai get dragged across the field. Tavai is a beast however he was not a beast on that play. Penney was the beast. Respect your opponents and admit your faults. We got schooled by SDSU last week.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:56 am
It was hilarious watching Tavai get dragged across the field. Tavai is a beast however he was not a beast on that play. Penney was the beast. Respect your opponents and admit your faults. We got schooled by SDSU last week.
Respect people that actually are on the field playing the game. What are the chances you will be showing up after practice and telling Tavai he needs to own up and admit his faults by not being quick enough on the play? Tell him he needed to wrap up. LOL

Don’t worry .... He won’t hit you. But you will have an entire field of guys laughing at you. Talking about getting schooled.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I was wondering what part of Penny's uniform that was. Didn't look like the jersey, and did not look like the pants. Too long for underwear. Panty hose?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:46 am
Respect people that actually are on the field playing the game. What are the chances you will be showing up after practice and telling Tavai he needs to own up and admit his faults by not being quick enough on the play? Tell him he needed to wrap up. LOL

Don’t worry .... He won’t hit you. But you will have an entire field of guys laughing at you. Talking about getting schooled.
I've met quite a number of our players over the years. I think it would be great to meet Jalani Tavai too. I'm also pretty sure he is happy to have this game behind him. We didn't lose because of that one hilarious Jalani Tavai play. I also wouldn't be surprised if he is key in winning many of our remaining games.

Go Warriors.