Hard to watch UH languish

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Hard to watch UH languish

Post by My3Cats »

All phases of the game, to include the coaching, earned an F last night.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:07 am All phases of the game, to include the coaching, earned an F last night.
Von Appen & Chow blamed player and supported their friends (asst coaches). All 3 coordinators are failing. What will Rolo do to correct this?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Nothing has changed

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Plusses to this game: Tuiasoa got two touches. Cole McDonald got in for one play and one run attempt. Posa did not have any personal foul penalties. Allen did not have any hands to the face penalties. Trifonovitch was successful on all of his field goal attempts and his extra point attempts. Um, that's about it.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

Sort of back to Norm Chow era, except Norm got paid a hell of a lot more than Rolo.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Norm made $550,000
Rolo makes $400,008
https://www.mwcconnection.com/platform/ ... head-coach

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

My3Cats wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:40 pm Plusses to this game: Tuiasoa got two touches. Cole McDonald got in for one play and one run attempt. Posa did not have any personal foul penalties. Allen did not have any hands to the face penalties. Trifonovitch was successful on all of his field goal attempts and his extra point attempts. Um, that's about it.
I think Posa had 2 fault starts and one holding call before he went out. But The oline is the only group I would say is doing a really good job. I like that they have tried to get the ball to Dioceme in the flats. But I don’t like how they are doing it. It is too slow developing and will get him knocked out of the game. Sad that Greeley did not make the trip. I think that he would have caught those balls thrown to the tightend. All of our receivers seemed to have hands of stone. Why they want to catch balls with their pads makes me cringe.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

RedZone wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:43 am
My3Cats wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:40 pm Plusses to this game: Tuiasoa got two touches. Cole McDonald got in for one play and one run attempt. Posa did not have any personal foul penalties. Allen did not have any hands to the face penalties. Trifonovitch was successful on all of his field goal attempts and his extra point attempts. Um, that's about it.
I think Posa had 2 fault starts and one holding call before he went out. But The oline is the only group I would say is doing a really good job. I like that they have tried to get the ball to Dioceme in the flats. But I don’t like how they are doing it. It is too slow developing and will get him knocked out of the game. Sad that Greeley did not make the trip. I think that he would have caught those balls thrown to the tightend. All of our receivers seemed to have hands of stone. Why they want to catch balls with their pads makes me cringe.
I was being facetious about Posa, but really, he didn't have any personal foul penalties and did not throw any punches this game. That said he had two holding and one false start, so 50% of the total UH penalties and 25 yards resulting from his penalties.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

J-Rod wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:11 am
Palolo_2LA wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:49 am Being on ESPN other channels requires winning, so that will take time.
Tell that to BYU.
BYU has a winning tradition...84 national champs for instance and way more wins than our beloved UH.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Elite or not, DSJ running the ball is a beautiful thing. I can see spreading the carries around more, but I have no problem with the amount of running plays called. I think there are many other problems that are way worse than the offensive philosophy at the moment.
[/quote]

DSJ reminds me of the Atlanta Falcons, Devonte Freeman.
[/quote]

Sorry...D Freeman is wheyey faster and more dynamic. DSJ is solid, but not near DF.

Balko
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Balko »

There are two issues with Rolo that are concerning:

1. He bought into his own hype last year. Much of his success last year rested on novelty. Opposing coaches rely on a "book" of statistical tendencies to game plan against a team (in this case UH). Because Rolo was new last year, there was no "book" to guide coaches on how to game plan to defeat Rolo. As the games piled up, and the stats became codified in tendencies that coaches could exploit, they did so week by week. Rolo never took notice of the fact that opposing coaches were ahead of his plays enough to out maneuver UH in games.

This has become more problematic this year as opposing coaches have, and have articulated cogent game plans before the game as to how they will counter UH: and they mostly have done so.

This is largely why UH has "regressed" this year. And if Rolo doesn't address this issue next year, the QB, squad, and team play will deteriorate more because the "book" on UH plays is now longer, and thus, more predictive of how Rolo's team will execute game plans.

2. UH signed Rolo to a potentially detrimental contract for the UH AD program. The contract contains a clause that "The Term to be extended by 1 Year if team participates in the bowl game at the end of 2016." So, the bowl game last year committed the program to another year of salary before the results of this year's performance. If this year's performance is more indicative of Rolo's skills, UH is either stuck with him for the long haul, or on the hook for a large pay out. His contract can be viewed here: https://hkm.com/football/wp-content/upl ... ntract.pdf

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:01 am Elite or not, DSJ running the ball is a beautiful thing. I can see spreading the carries around more, but I have no problem with the amount of running plays called. I think there are many other problems that are way worse than the offensive philosophy at the moment.
[/quote]

Sorry...D Freeman is wheyey faster and more dynamic. DSJ is solid, but not near DF.
[/quote]

Sorry...but, D. Freeman ran a 4.58 40 at the 2014 NFL combine. DSJ is said to have run a 4.42 out of HS. I don't know how that translates to Freeman being way faster than DSJ. They're listed as 5'8" 208 and 5'8" 200lbs. Very similar built, and running style in my opinion, you have your own, there's no right or wrong answer.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

stranger808 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:19 pm
Palolo_2LA wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:01 am Elite or not, DSJ running the ball is a beautiful thing. I can see spreading the carries around more, but I have no problem with the amount of running plays called. I think there are many other problems that are way worse than the offensive philosophy at the moment.
[/quote]

Sorry...but, D. Freeman ran a 4.58 40 at the 2014 NFL combine. DSJ is said to have run a 4.42 out of HS. I don't know how that translates to Freeman being way faster than DSJ. They're listed as 5'8" 208 and 5'8" 200lbs. Very similar built, and running style in my opinion, you have your own, there's no right or wrong answer.
[/quote]

Like many elite backs, Freeman has a hellava first step and exposive in short areas...Ill bet DSJ doesnt run a 4.42. HS guys are always padded like hell. An elite Florida St RB is head and toes beeter...if he were elite he'd be at a Florida school.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:51 pm
stranger808 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:19 pm
[/quote]

Like many elite backs, Freeman has a hellava first step and exposive in short areas...Ill bet DSJ doesnt run a 4.42. HS guys are always padded like hell. An elite Florida St RB is head and toes beeter...if he were elite he'd be at a Florida school.
[/quote]

Did I say, "elite"? So funny how you take things way out of context. lmao

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I did my best but I guess my best wasn't good enough
'Cause here we are back where we were before
Seems nothing ever changes, we're back to being strangers
Wondering if we oughta stay or head on out the door

Just once, can't we figure out what we keep doing wrong
Why we never last for very long
What are we doing wrong