Is the season over?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Is the season over?

Post by BigWave96744 »

Nevada was the worst team in the MWC
They missed 2 FG and still beat us by 14
Thus team may not win again this season
I mentioned last week we cannot take anyone lightly and no game is an easy win.

This game really felt like we've gone back in time to the Norm Chow Era

whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Is the season over?

Post by whirlygig5 »

Rolo said he wasn't gonna put all his efforts on offense cz he wanted to be a better head coach, well he better do something about this defense. The penalties will go away when the defense makes stops and takes pressure off the offense

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

I think it is, this team has checked out, we are back to vonchaw ball. We need a change at DC by tonight to salvage the season

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Some changes need to be made. Although better players also make coaches look smarter.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Uhhh, yeah.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

I rewatched the game and this team is still shooting itself in the foot, the defense secondary (Corners) are not playing at D1/FBS level. Hawaii needs to find replacement for Noale and get those O-Line penalties under control. Hawaii seriously needs to find another Defensive Coordinator soon, this defense is giving up way to many big plays and big penalties. I mean the defense is on the field way to long because they can’t stop anyone.

Hawaii QB Dru Brown reminds me of Bryant Moniz, great wheels, very very accurate, very good decision maker, tough as nails tough but doesn’t have the big cannon arm to throw the deep ball. So most defenses defend the run game, short/medium pass routes because they are not afraid of the deep ball. I’m not saying Dru can’t throw a deep pass with anticipation and timing but is you ask him to throw/drive the deep ball to an open last second he just doesn’t have the arm strength for that. But Dru Brown is too good of a leader and QB to be blamed for the Hawaii losing streak. And can’t blame Diocemy St Juste, Jon Ursua, Ammon Barker and the Hawaii WR corps for the Hawaii losing streak either.

The Hawaii Offense is carrying this team, special teams is also carrying this team but the defense is porous and the dumb penalties (shooting themselves in the Okole). Rolo is having his Sophomore slump that June Jones felt as well. But thats no excuse Rolo needs a new Defensive Coordinator and O-line coach to fix the 2 areas that plagued this season.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

"Dru Brown is too good of a leader and QB to be blamed for the Hawaii losing streak. And can’t blame Diocemy St Juste, Jon Ursua, Ammon Barker and the Hawaii WR corps for the Hawaii losing streak either."

Good post, it bothers me when everyone is asking for a qb change and stuff like that. it's not the qbs fault, it's the defense! it's only when the defense gives up score after score does it start unravel with mistakes and penalties for the offense.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

The negative penalty-yardage was almost as much as Ursa's receiving yards

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

eh, actually not to worried about the penalties....i know it has to be addressed and everything, but it really all stems the horrible defense constantly putting all the pressure on the offense

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Don't give up ladies. The team needs our support more than ever.

Link

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

The season is not over but there is a lot of fixing to do on offense and defense. I don’t believe it is unreasonable to feel better players on defense must be accompanied with better coaches. Offense is also underperforming. 21 points is not going to win you many games. Overall the team looked disorganized yesterday and that is on Rolo to fix.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

This team needs fiery outspoken leaders. Dru Brown is a soft-spoken guy.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Old Diver wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:07 am The season is not over but there is a lot of fixing to do on offense and defense. I don’t believe it is unreasonable to feel better players on defense must be accompanied with better coaches. Offense is also underperforming. 21 points is not going to win you many games. Overall the team looked disorganized yesterday and that is on Rolo to fix.
Good aerial perspective, Old Diver. Defense needs serious adjustments, including DC responsibilities. Offense also needs adjustments as they are underperforming, not making the most of all their offensive weapons.

Rolo, time to make the necessary adjustments.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Still get chance as the season is only half over. But problems need to be solved and the coaches need to really get on it.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

The season is far from over, we still have a good chance for a bowl. Our remaining games are all winnable in my opinion, except for SDSU. This season's bowl appearance may be decided against BYU, who's not as strong this season.