Naeole Out?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Naeole Out?

Post by My3Cats »

I sure hope that Rolo and staff gets this thing sorted out and the players get their butts in gear sometime soon. Real soon. No screwing around.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Just out on the Star Advertiser.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2017/10/0 ... ball-team/

Naeole issued the statement through his lawyer, ending speculation about his status after he missed two practices this week and did not accompany the Rainbow Warriors on their trip to Reno for Saturday’s game against Nevada.

UH officials have declined to make a public statement on the matter.

“In my heart, I believe I served the program and the student-athletes to the best of my ability, and with the same work ethic, desire and passion to excel that pushed me at all levels of my playing career. However, due to certain philosophical differences with the handling of disciplinary matters in the program, I’ve offered my resignation as the offensive line coach. I have always believed in the integrity and principles of what our community and the University stands for and those same beliefs are what I have tried to instill in my players.”

There have been several suspension in the past few weeks. At least four players were suspended for the Sept. 23 game at Wyoming. Three others were suspended for the past week’s game against Colorado State.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

I liked Naeole, I thought he did a great job in recruiting and coaching the lineman. But, I also thought with his 10-11 year NFL experience and money, he really didn't need to "buy-in" to what any HC had to say. I remember a little problem with coach Chow and Naeole, and now with Rolo and Naeole. Makes me wonder what's going on? Anyway, I'm glad we have John Estes as a grad assistant, and Brian Smith is a former Olineman, we should be okay...I hope! I also hope Naeole would reconsider and come on back. I know, I'm rambling, I kinda sad for the team. Go Warriors!!!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Like a mentioned some players have been taking niceness as a weakness. Chris a no nonsense kind of guy. Maybe not addressing the me overy team mentality came to a head after the CSU game

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Big loss to the teams credibility and the ability to recruit the big boys. That was one of the knocks on the 2007 team that went to the 2008 Sugar Bowl by one of the announcers on the Broadcast who said before the game started that just by looking at the Georgia team and the Hawaii team is that Hawaii needs to get some size.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Losing Naole is a huge loss for the Hawaii O-Line play. Hope Rolo has an ace coach to replace Naole or we might be seeing the not so good O-Line play of before Coach Naole came to save the Hawaii O-Line.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Probably much too late (or too early) to get a permanent replacement, but IMHO much better to begin the search so that someone can be in place soon after this season is over. Utilize Smith and Estes for the interim.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

As someone who used to be part of chows staff Neole is too smart for this team. He is not only a good teacher but a great role model and disciplinarian. I wish him the best. and for the comments made above Neole had nothing but respect for Chow.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I'm really wondering, was the difference in philosophy that:
Rolo was too strict (suspending players)
Or,
Rolo was too lenient from what Naeole expected?
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Grinch wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:25 pm I'm really wondering, was the difference in philosophy that:
Rolo was too strict (suspending players)
Or,
Rolo was too lenient from what Naeole expected?
If I read between the lines here, my guess is that Naeole did not like Rolo's method of discipline which was suspending a player for some violation that Rolo believed required suspension. Especially the suspension of Kalakaua Timoteo playing before the home crowd for a crucial game. The offensive linemen are the blue colar workers on the team that don't get recognition so their pride comes from winning. Nobody knows why Moala and company got suspended the previous week for the Wyoming game. To put it differently, I think Naeole's method of punishment might have been to grab the guy by the shoulder and tell him why he shouldn't be doing something where as Rolo's method of punishment was to send the player to his room.