Defense

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider

Defense

Post by whirlygig5 »

Why isn't anyone talking about this horrible defense UH has this year???? all talk is about the offense, at lease they can move the ball, soon they'll get in the end zone, but the defense, i dunno...im not a defensive guy, my background is on offense.....so anyone who understands defense knows whats going on??? is it scheme?? just lack of talent?? or both??

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Defense

Post by My3Cats »

Lack of depth, suspensions, players kicked off the team and injuries to front line players. Then you add in a new DC who is trying to find out what works with the personnel that he has left.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Defense has been an afterthought for a while @ UH...UH never has elite Defensive players and if they do it is a small group that can't overcome the liability of the players next to them.

if I score more than you, it doesn't matter if my D is $hitty.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

"if I score more than you, it doesn't matter if my D is $hitty."

that sounds more like june jones theory haha this team can't afford to do that with their lack of scoring. Man we need that tough D back in the Dick Tomey days haha

Maui Boy in Alaska
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NFL: Bears

Post by Maui Boy in Alaska »

I think the LB's and Safety's are pretty good. The CB position is weak and the DL with all the losses over the last two years made this group the big problem with this years Defense.

Overall, the loss of Jamie Tago, Kennedy Tulimasealii, Ka'aumoana Gifford, and even the transfer of Nick Nelson has left the defense weak at the CB and DL position. I would add the lost of Jeremy Castro to injuries and Malachi Mageo having not played this season because of injuries did not help either.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Maui Boy in Alaska wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:30 am I think the LB's and Safety's are pretty good. The CB position is weak and the DL with all the losses over the last two years made this group the big problem with this years Defense.

Overall, the loss of Jamie Tago, Kennedy Tulimasealii, Ka'aumoana Gifford, and even the transfer of Nick Nelson has left the defense weak at the CB and DL position. I would add the lost of Jeremy Castro to injuries and Malachi Mageo having not played this season because of injuries did not help either.
Also lost DT Kalepo Naotala
Also former scholie DE Sione Kauhi left

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I agree there are issues with the D that are perpetrated by things that the players and coaches can't change now. Like players leaving, injured, suspended, etc. My resolution is more offense to offset the D. Easier to add a few schemes as adding DL and LB is out of the question @ this point in the season.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Maui Boy in Alaska
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NFL: Bears

Post by Maui Boy in Alaska »

I also forgot, but aren't we on our 5th DC in the last 5 years. Moreover, 6th DC in the last 7 years. That also cannot help with our Defense performance.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Please DC step down as soon as the 4th quarter ends

ulua
All-American
All-American

Post by ulua »

Was Abe a DC before? if so maybe he should step in and give it a shot can't get any worse at this point

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Absolutely the worst defense ever ever ever ever ever. Did I say ever? How can everyone on defense be blocked or out of position all game long?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Embarrassing!!!
Reminded me Norm Chow's last game on Halloween vs Air Force

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Whoa ... just read that the previously 0-5 team put about 560 yards of offense on our D.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

- 4 plays 96 yard TD
- 99 yards on what 6 plays, TD

ulua
All-American
All-American

Post by ulua »

I still don't know why Rolo didn't look out side for a DC when Lempa left. he decided to just promote from within... WHY? we never had anyone capable of running the D on the inside, maybe the timing of Lempas departure? I don't know, but he still should have tried to look outside, may be not much good DC's left at the time, but i'm pretty sure he still could have found someone capable of running the D better then our current one.
We needed to have someone with some experience to run this D, we can't afford an OJT DC, right now, we were still trying to climb out of the pit that
Chow put us in, and we were making progress, now we just fell back into the pit only a deeper one.

this is the worst defense I have ever seen at UH, and I've been coming to games since Wagner days. I don't know if any change is possible at this point,
but he better start looking now and make the change as early as he can once the season is done, for the team and for recruiting