Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: Bobby Curran and John Veneri should be paying for their tickets at UH games

Post by stranger808 »

stranger808 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:35 pm I like Veneri, but I don't care for how Curren calls the games. Curren doesn't "paint" a picture for the radio listeners about the weather, environment etc.. and what's going on during the game. It's impossible to get an accurate mental picture of the play being called and developing. Also, Curren doesn't update what the score, quarter or time remaining is until after each quarter. If you just tuned in, you're lost until after the quarter to get any real game information.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

^^^ oops, i qouted myself, mistake-mistake.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Just come over my uncles house and watch the game with him. He mutes the tv and provides his own “colorful” commentary. If UH is losing and he’s a few beers in, you’ll have a great time haha.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:26 pm
Neighbor wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:11 pm Miano always talks about "gap integrity" which just means the players are sucking out there and can't do their assignments
That's the kind of stuff I'd rather hear than what the two clowns in the booth say. I gotta say that during the season the BC gotta slightly better and doing his homework but JV might as well be some arbitrary person in the crowd. What I'd like to see is for 1420 to bring in someone from American Samoa to do the color.
Oh right. I got it mixed up with radio and TV

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:59 pm Just come over my uncles house and watch the game with him. He mutes the tv and provides his own “colorful” commentary. If UH is losing and he’s a few beers in, you’ll have a great time haha.
Uncle sounds like a great guy to watch sports with :)

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I started out listening to him at the stadium years ago. Now I can't stand it to the point I leave my radio at home now. Basketball is even worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish they would find a better radio personality for UH football and Basketball games. Horrible. Just horrible.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Radio broadcasting or television broadcasting is like any other job. The broadcaster has to work hard by studying the game as well as the team so that they are well informed about the team. In my mind Bobby Curran and John Veneri have not been doing their homework in preparing for the game broadcasts. If you listen to the other team's broadcasters, they give you information about their team as well as UH that gets you excited for the ball game. There is just not enough studying on the part of the Hawaii broadcasters to enlighten the non-local fans and local fans about the insides of the game. I don't care if they move on to big time radio and television like Harry Kalas or Al Michaels but just do a good enough job to rival the other team's broadcasters.