Don't see any naked boot leg calls from dru brown!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Don't see any naked boot leg calls from dru brown!

Post by couz808 »

Last year we had a bunch of plays where dru fakes the give to saint juste and runs around the corner. Remember the play at San Jose last year. Well this year I don't remember a call similar to that. Even if dru hands the ball off to saint juste, he doesn't even pretend to do a bootleg and I think the defense got confused and was having a hard time keying up on the player. Is nick being conservative with brown or what?

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Don't see any naked boot leg calls from dru brown!

Post by Neighbor »

I was thinking they were just saving it for some crucial point in the MW season so that he would be able to break off a long run like that SJSU game since he would have never kept the ball the entire season. But then they tried to get cute and had McDonald run a few keepers last game so idk what's going on

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This offense is half back dive or pass. I don't think that Brown is fast enough to do an end around. Also the other team knows as I can see that he's going to pass so there's always going to be someone chasing him down in the backfield.

amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by amela »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:02 am This offense is half back dive or pass. I don't think that Brown is fast enough to do an end around. Also the other team knows as I can see that he's going to pass so there's always going to be someone chasing him down in the backfield.
If McDonald had more reps he would be the perfect fit for this offense. Even Bromholtz.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

amela wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:09 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:02 am This offense is half back dive or pass. I don't think that Brown is fast enough to do an end around. Also the other team knows as I can see that he's going to pass so there's always going to be someone chasing him down in the backfield.
If McDonald had more reps he would be the perfect fit for this offense. Even Bromholtz.
Well, they aren't going to a bowl this year so why not try looking to the future. Length does make a difference at times but the exceptions are Wilson of the Seahawks, Drew Brees of NO Saints and Kellen Moore of Boise State and Dallas Cowboys. They all have strong and accurate arms and can can get away from the rush.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

He fumbles.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:23 pm
Well, they aren't going to a bowl this year so why not try looking to the future. Length does make a difference at times but the exceptions are Wilson of the Seahawks, Drew Brees of NO Saints and Kellen Moore of Boise State and Dallas Cowboys. They all have strong and accurate arms and can can get away from the rush.
You've got to be kidding about Moore's arm strength. He's probably got the weakest arm in the NFL. Don't know why he's still on a roster.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:39 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:23 pm

You've got to be kidding about Moore's arm strength. He's probably got the weakest arm in the NFL. Don't know why he's still on a roster.
For an undersized QB, its pretty hard to make an NFL roster. You gotta give him that.