Lack of discipline after 18 games under Rolo

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Lack of discipline after 18 games under Rolo

Post by My3Cats »

Rolo is willing to learn and is not afraid to explore options and potential solutions. One day (hopefully soon) he will solve the penalty problem.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Winning isn't everything, its the only thing. I like the philosophy that Rolo is employing which is something that Bob Ladoucer (head coach for the infamous De La Salle most winningest high school program) did. But, they are not winning. Bottom line.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Rolo really did not look very happy with any of their penalties. If looks could kill . . .
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Did we have 2 more suspensions this game?
I herd Gary say Unga and another player, I forget the players name that they was not at the stadium.
Can anyone confirm this?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

ulua wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:58 pm Did we have 2 more suspensions this game?
I herd Gary say Unga and another player, I forget the players name that they was not at the stadium.
Can anyone confirm this?
Unga, Allen, Mageo injured and not suited up, but on the field
Torres injured but suited up, but wearing a baseball cap
Ulu Perry suited up but got injured before the game. Was in street clothes by half time
Moala started, Akoteu played and Eldridge didn't play for 2nd game
Others who had previous played but did not see action was Bernard, Holly, Stubblefield, Sunia, Timoteo, Tuinei, Tullis, Manly Williams, Wilson

ulua
All-American
All-American

Post by ulua »

University of Hawaii tight end Metuisela ’Unga will miss the rest of the football season because of an ankle injury, coach Nick Rolovich confirmed.

Rolovich said ’Unga is expected to undergo surgery.
Rolovich also confirmed that ’Unga and slotbacks Kalakaua Timoteo III and Davine Tullis were held out of last Saturday’s game against Colorado State because of disciplinary reasons.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2017/10/0 ... or-season/

What is going on with the team?

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

i'm legitimately starting to worry that this year will be a huge letdown because of all the boneheaded stuff going on.

ulua
All-American
All-American

Post by ulua »

The team captains, or leaders needs to step up and start leading quickly or it's over, seems like no one wants to take charge of this team, and they are falling apart. To much undisciplined actions are going on, penalties, breaking team rules and so one.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

According to Rolo, three Warriors were held out of the Colorado State game for disciplinary reasons.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:53 am
WarriorTyme wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:54 am I think the difference is June Jones teams committed a lot penalties and gave up a lot of points but out scored with a fast break pass first offense. Chow and Rolo have a run first offense so it really shows in the win/loss column when you can't overcome penalties like June Jones teams could.
June Jones had plenty of games where the offense was useless.

Rolo is not Chow. Rolo is not locked into one mindset. I think you are going to see things open up a bit more in the passing game.
I'd content the JJ's O inherently better than the current O...like 2006 when the lowest score was 28 and UH scored 40+ in 11 games or 2007 with 8 games of 40+...JJ is blowing up in Canada and is an offensive genius. Sorry there are a bunch of JJ haters in Hawaii...Shame on you
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Interesting... part of the issue surrounding McMackin's departure was the team's deteriorating discipline. Rolo was part of that coaching team then, too.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

This thread is not a knock on Rolo.
Some players take niceness as a weakness and it shows this season. Whether not respecting Rolo or their position coach.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Of all the guys that have been put under disciplinary action, which of them are Rolo's recruits?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I don't know why but I think Rolovich's statement to the media sounds so trite that it borders on being lame. Maybe he was too young to takeover the program.

"He was critical in holding this program together in the transition from Coach (Norm) Chow to myself," Rolovich said in a news release. "We wish him well in the future, and we will meet this challenge head on, because that is the Warrior way."

...it almost seems like he's become a Norm Chow where head coaching has gone to his head. "We wish him well in the future.." Really? Almost sounds like a cliché.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:51 pm I don't know why but I think Rolovich's statement to the media sounds so trite that it borders on being lame. Maybe he was too young to takeover the program.

"He was critical in holding this program together in the transition from Coach (Norm) Chow to myself," Rolovich said in a news release. "We wish him well in the future, and we will meet this challenge head on, because that is the Warrior way."

...it almost seems like he's become a Norm Chow where head coaching has gone to his head. "We wish him well in the future.." Really? Almost sounds like a cliché.
I'm not sure what Rolo is supposed to say in that situation. It sounds okay to me.