*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Lack of discipline after 18 games under Rolo

Post by My3Cats »

Irse wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:21 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:44 am
Irse wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:37 am

Kennedy is not laying to the Tigercats
Irse (or go in Spanish), I don't quite understand your response. Are you saying that Kennedy Tulimasealii is not playing for the Tigercats? I don't know what laying is. Do you have news of where he is? All I found was the following reference.
https://247sports.com/college/hawaii/Bo ... -106517373
That's what happens when I type on my nlaptop while laying down. KT is not playing for the Tigercats. I checked their roster. Not on the active roster or practice squad or injured list.
I just looked at the CFL listing for all players for all teams and Kennedy is not listed at all.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:37 am
Irse wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:27 am
shrek2 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:58 am

Just out of curiosity Irse, who do you think they will send from the recruiting staff to talent rich South Central LA where we have gotten Dejon Allen, Malachi Mageo and Jahlani Tavai?

Probably the difference between Jones staff disagreements is that as long as they were winning, it didn't matter.
I think Abe has been recruiting there. Who else, I don't know. Whomever has contacts there, I guess. Wasn't Smith coach at Occidental College? That's in LA so he must have some contacts there. Not sure where Naoele's area was. If it was Samoa and Australia, it may hurt there. But I think Legi has connections in Samoa too.
What if Abe is out sick, who in the UH staff is going to convince the recruit that Hawaii has a diverse coaching staff and he will be trained to excel in the NFL if that's his desires? Are we sending a couple of spooks to these minority areas who have little in the way of credentials to come to Hawaii to waste 4 years of their lives? Really, send one of two African Americans to put their faith in the Hawaii program? It will be an interesting year in 2018 as to who they recruit out of the area.

Is Legi a good talker? Is he a good coach? So far, the defense is not showing very much so is it because of the players or him? Is he a good recruiter other than the one LB who is not starting?
Confirming, there were a lot of problems on Jones' staff.

On the surface, Coach Legi appears to be a soft spoken, quiet guy. But he is actually a very good communicator that the players like. He's recruited Moala, Sanitoa, Pavihi and Sunia from Samoa. I think he was involved with Pritchard too. He's probably been involved with more, but those are the ones I know about.

This is a what I have seen regarding recruiting area responsibilities, but it is not a definitive list:

Eliminian - South Central LA
Smith - San Fernando Valley, Orange County, San Diego
Yoro - Riverside, San Bernardino, Hawaii
Duggan - Riverside, San Bernardino, Arizona
Suiaunoa - San Diego, Samoa
Hynson - Pacific Northwest, Northern California
Chadhari - Northern California and possibly Pacific Northwest
Stutzman - Hawaii, Nevada, Utah
Naeole - Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Tonight it all came to a head
This team has zero discipline

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Actually it's not the whole team, but what seems to be the same players who haven't learned from their mistakes.

amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by amela »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:22 am LOL...we're 116th in 3rd down conversions too.
I guess when you're 3rd down and 25 that kind of lowers your success rate.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Chows biggest problem was poor hires.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:25 pm Tonight it all came to a head
This team has zero discipline
Repeat offenders equals repeat losses. I have given up complaining about penalties. Our coach is not cleaning it up so it will continue to haunt us. I was watching the Colorado State coach on the sidelines. You can see why his team is good.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Head scratching.

Regarding in-game lack of discipline - Rolo mentioned last week half-jokingly (or was it the week before), about docking some of the penalty offenders cost of attendance, if it was legal. He may have already tried other forms of discipline that have not worked.

Regarding off-field lack of discipline - don't these players realize that their stupidity in challenging the rules can jeopardize their careers to include their athletic scholarships?

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:17 pm Head scratching.

Regarding in-game lack of discipline - Rolo mentioned last week half-jokingly (or was it the week before), about docking some of the penalty offenders cost of attendance, if it was legal. He may have already tried other forms of discipline that have not worked.

Regarding off-field lack of discipline - don't these players realize that their stupidity in challenging the rules can jeopardize their careers to include their athletic scholarships?
Let's see. Maybe having them stand on the sidelines cheering on their team mates? All he has to do is to tell that player that he is sorry but he can't afford to have a player in the game who is only going to hurt the team. That he needs to clean up his act then he can work his way back onto the field. I would bench the player who speared the ball carrier on special teams for a game. You could kill someone including yourself. Just stupid.